Discuss Calcium sulphate screed preperation in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

My customer is just of the phone to me , saying that the screening company that laid their floor said that the floor doesn't need sanding or grinding as theirs no lataience residue ! They informed them that it was a hemihydrate screed , and that it only would require to coats of acrylic primer! Does this seem correct?

As far as I'm aware you need to remove laitance from them all, even the low laitance screeds.
Wait till Alan's (Ajax) back on, he's your man.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
My customer is just of the phone to me , saying that the screening company that laid their floor said that the floor doesn't need sanding or grinding as theirs no lataience residue ! They informed them that it was a hemihydrate screed , and that it only would require to coats of acrylic primer! Does this seem correct?

No. In fact all screeds and concretes should be sanded prior to the application of bonded floor coverings. This included sand cement screeds, power float concretes, anhydrite and he I hydrate screeds. It is part of the guidance of the manufacturers and the floor trade associations. It is part of the guidance from most adhesive and primer companies.

- - - Updated - - -

Get them to out it in Writing to cover your butt

What difference would that make if the flor fails and you haven't prepped right it's your fault....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Calcium sulphate screed preperation in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi I know these questions have been asked time and time again but here goes ! I have a...
Replies
Views
S
on a job at the moment with a calcium sulphate screed asked the builder to find out which type...
Replies
Views
S
S
I have a job local to me where the customer was sold a calcium sulphate screed as a fast track...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
Hi guys, I have a site meeting tomorrow with the customer and father inlaw (architect) so I...
Replies
Views
M
First problem i've ever had with a floor ?? 2 new build 5 bed houses / ufh underscreed hep...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB