Discuss caravan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

to any caravan experts (doug etc.) we (wife and i ) are thinking of getting a caravan (after the tent nearly blown away on our last trip) , a small 4 berth but i was wondering if my car would pull it. it's an astra 1.7 dti 110bhp, i know ideally i could do with a 4wd but the wife won't drive anything bigger than we have. i don't plan on going up big hillls to burn the clutch out and won't be away every wknd. is there any requirements of the car being bigger/heavier than the caravan? i know that caravans vary in size and we don't need a large 4 berth as the kids are small and we'll probably have an awning with it. cheers

S

Stewart

to any caravan experts (doug etc.) we (wife and i ) are thinking of getting a caravan (after the tent nearly blown away on our last trip) , a small 4 berth but i was wondering if my car would pull it. it's an astra 1.7 dti 110bhp, i know ideally i could do with a 4wd but the wife won't drive anything bigger than we have. i don't plan on going up big hillls to burn the clutch out and won't be away every wknd. is there any requirements of the car being bigger/heavier than the caravan? i know that caravans vary in size and we don't need a large 4 berth as the kids are small and we'll probably have an awning with it. cheers

It will tell you in the manual what the maximum towing weight will be, but it's never just the caravan You have to take into account all the gear you need to take too, plus the passengers....

D

doug boardley

you need that 4wd for yours doug! some of the caravans i've looked at are around the ton mark (weight) probably the same as the car so i guess i should be ok as long as i dont go over that (but i will check the manual, thanks stew). i got my class 1 lgv so i'm no stranger to towing a trailer so that side of it won't be a problem, cheers guys
this little thing Mike????? lol

189827_1755649564118_1025320376_31941182_4731637_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 9966

Mike

www.parkers.co.uk will tell you the braked and unbraked towing weights of any vehicle (click on Reviews and search for your make/model), so should give you a nice idea about how heavy a van you can tow. your astra will be perfectly capable of towing a van, but like you say, it's finding one that is the right size for the family and the right weight for the car. good luck.

I've just checked my petrol Volvo S40 will only tow up to 1200, but hubby's 1.9cdti vectra will tow up to 1500. I want to get a cheapy van for next year so we can take Baby GRR to the British Grand Prix :grin:

D

Deleted member 9966

i bought a van today off ebay, here's a link for you to see, any tips welcome. all my camping gear is now for sale , camp kichen, cooker, hook up electric fridge etc and box trailer. p.m. if interested abi ace caravan 4 berth | eBay

Mike

are you putting up a list of your camping gear? I'm in the market for an electric hook up lead and leccy fridge for the tent. :thumbsup:

M

Mike

Mike

are you putting up a list of your camping gear? I'm in the market for an electric hook up lead and leccy fridge for the tent. :thumbsup:
i do have both but i'm going to put everything for sale as a job lot. i have the tent, cooker, camp kitchen, fold up storage cupboard, drainer, hook up , electric fridge, air beds, picnic bench and small erdi box trailer, i think if i split them i won't get as much or may get lumbered with some items. thanks anyway

Reply to caravan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
V
I'm about to order the slate for the kitchen/breakfast room, and need to know whether this is...
2 3
Replies
Views
R
Some background first, then my question.... The designer's plans for this bathroom called for a...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
caravan
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.