UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Careful this could give you a HEART ATTACK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

So what about jpeg #16, #17 then, are those cracked tiles to top it all or not? Really want to know now... :lol: especially jpg 17 looks like a cracked tile with the crack covered by some glue... I NEED to know!!! :lol:

hi G sorry for the delay in answering your question...the marks on the tiles are from ( and this is my opinion only as i wasnt there at the time) what look like blade marks where he has possibly been trying to remove something and slipped. I once while tiling a bathroom allowed a aluminium straight edged profile to slip out of my hands and the edge of it did exactly the same to a tile, and no amount of cleaning would remove it ( i simply replaced the tile in the end ).

chris

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
This is a job that i went to quote on (last month) and lost due to being £150.00 more expensive than the bloke who eventually got the job.
ensuite consisting of cream/brown tiles 600 x250 to be tiled brick bond. The customer said that due to the price difference and the fact that i refused to lower my price they thought that i was trying to make more money than the job was actually worth. They phoned me up on Sunday to see if there was anything i could do to put the job right. After taking photos of the job i suggested that sadly this was unrepairable in my view and i would give them a quote to rip out and replace the tiles.....
got a phone call today to say that my price was again overpriced and that they had decided that they only wanted it grouted......Seriously what are people thinking these days.

I have lost 5 jobs to this cowboy in the past 2 months all good paying jobs but this is the first time i have had chance to look at his work. Oh and he has been paid but hasn't grouted it?????? oh and guess what he is not answering his phone. OH and guess how they are fixed to the wall?????

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED.

View attachment 30918 View attachment 30920 View attachment 30921 View attachment 30922 View attachment 30923 View attachment 30924 View attachment 30925 View attachment 30932 View attachment 30933 View attachment 30934 View attachment 30935 View attachment 30936 View attachment 30937 View attachment 30938 View attachment 30939 View attachment 30940 View attachment 30941 View attachment 30931 View attachment 30930 View attachment 30929 View attachment 30926 View attachment 30927 View attachment 30928 View attachment 30942

Nice aint it !!!!!

chris

I wouldn't have even gone look at the job again Chris. Let alone price them again for it. I'd have expected them to have another price, I'd have expected that price would have been cheaper too (as they've probably had a few and just picked the cheapest), and I would have also expected not to get the job, based on price once again.

If a customer is after the best price, walk away and give your efforts to those that admire quality, not "best price" which it never is the best price when you take into account ripping them out and doing it all again.

That is just amazingly bad, how much effort must it take to do such a poor poor job ?

I have to say that I have no sympathy for the client, there attitude in engaging a tradesman based on price only has got them what they deserved.

quality clients fot quality tradesmen is my attitude and I have got pretty good at choosing who I work for

the shame is that good tilers out there loose out on work and job values drop due to these idiots

Spanish

C

CJ CERAMICS

That is just amazingly bad, how much effort must it take to do such a poor poor job ?

I have to say that I have no sympathy for the client, there attitude in engaging a tradesman based on price only has got them what they deserved.

quality clients fot quality tradesmen is my attitude and I have got pretty good at choosing who I work for

the shame is that good tilers out there loose out on work and job values drop due to these idiots

Spanish

Spanish that is a excellent comment and one i wish i had thought of......It MUST have taken more time and effort to create such a poor standard than it would have taken just to do the job properley.

chris

D

DHTiling

This is a job that i went to quote on (last month) and lost due to being £150.00 more expensive than the bloke who eventually got the job.
ensuite consisting of cream/brown tiles 600 x250 to be tiled brick bond. The customer said that due to the price difference and the fact that i refused to lower my price they thought that i was trying to make more money than the job was actually worth. They phoned me up on Sunday to see if there was anything i could do to put the job right. After taking photos of the job i suggested that sadly this was unrepairable in my view and i would give them a quote to rip out and replace the tiles.....
got a phone call today to say that my price was again overpriced and that they had decided that they only wanted it grouted......Seriously what are people thinking these days.

I have lost 5 jobs to this cowboy in the past 2 months all good paying jobs but this is the first time i have had chance to look at his work. Oh and he has been paid but hasn't grouted it?????? oh and guess what he is not answering his phone. OH and guess how they are fixed to the wall?????

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED.

View attachment 30918 View attachment 30920 View attachment 30921 View attachment 30922 View attachment 30923 View attachment 30924 View attachment 30925 View attachment 30932 View attachment 30933 View attachment 30934 View attachment 30935 View attachment 30936 View attachment 30937 View attachment 30938 View attachment 30939 View attachment 30940 View attachment 30941 View attachment 30931 View attachment 30930 View attachment 30929 View attachment 30926 View attachment 30927 View attachment 30928 View attachment 30942

Nice aint it !!!!!

chris

:lol:... JEEEEEEEEZ!!!! i am so jealous..:lol:

andy-p

TF
Arms
Oh WOW , just caught this thread , that is easily and by far (and ive seen a few) the worst tiling job done by a so called tiler , when i saw the pictures in detail my jaw literally hit the floor, i wouldnt bang that bathroom door shut as they tiles look ready to collapse at any minute, i wonder where the "tiler" parked his horse when doing the job? :lol:

Reply to Careful this could give you a HEART ATTACK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
My son has been tiling part-time for years but he's about to take the plunge and go full-time...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Careful this could give you a HEART ATTACK
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.