UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss caught short in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i had tea in my mates house last night, a red hot thai meal cooked courtesy of his lovely thai missus, then washed down with 6 pints of carling's finest, i knew that would be a recipe for disaster as i was working today fitting a kitchen in an immaculate tiny 2 bed bungalow and the lovely lady customer was home also. sod's law my stomach starting making funny noises at ten bells and the odd passing of some fowl smells told me it was time to go do the dirty deed but unfortunately i was not in range of my own office (20 miles away) i daren't use this poor ladies showroom bathroom and no public conveniences in the vicinity there was only one option left. i jumped in the van and made off down the road to the nearest layby..... 2 minutes later i was squatting over an empty bucket of greenstar in the back of my combo and the smell was almost peeling the paint off the van. after 10 minutes of puffing and panting the bucket was half full and luckily i had a trusty roll of kim wipe in the back to finish off the task of cleaning up. over the bushes went the laden bucket and back to work i went. moral of the day, don't have a curry and lager when working next day (unless you're close to home :lol:

D

DHTiling

I have told this before on here but it won't hurt again...

i was tiling a bathroom and the lady of the house asked if i wanted a cuppa.. y es please i said.. milk no sugar..

I then went out to the van to get summit and whilst outside i was bursting for a bottom burp.. so out it comes.. just as i blew off i heard this voice.. dave!! here's your cuppa and she was stood behind me.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

proper red faced.

H

hillhead

Hard to get the smell out of the van too(experience,lol).:lol:
I seen me in a big new house one day, one stonemason working on the front wall a good distance down the drive, me busting and no loo.
I climbed the ladder to the third floor with my bucket, sure enough as i hovered the bloody stone mason came into the house :yikes: i kept quiet and the big room was high.
If he had climbed that ladder i would not be here, lol.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I have told this before on here but it won't hurt again...

i was tiling a bathroom and the lady of the house asked if i wanted a cuppa.. y es please i said.. milk no sugar..

I then went out to the van to get summit and whilst outside i was bursting for a bottom burp.. so out it comes.. just as i blew off i heard this voice.. dave!! here's your cuppa and she was stood behind me.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

proper red faced.

I had one similar Dave, I used to have a partner who was fond of curry and Guinness. we were doing a real posh house in a very affluent area, one morning my mate let one rip, immediately we heard the young 7yr old daughter call downstairs, "Mummy the workmen are making rude noises in the bathroom" she was stood on the landing.:yikes::lol:

D

doug boardley

I had one similar Dave, I used to have a partner who was fond of curry and Guinness. we were doing a real posh house in a very affluent area, one morning my mate let one rip, immediately we heard the young 7yr old daughter call downstairs, "Mummy the workmen are making rude noises in the bathroom" she was stood on the landing.:yikes::lol:
I think I felt a bit of sick come up then Phil:toilet:

M

Mike

Haha thanks for sharing that with us mike I was laughing my head off reading that I normally try and find the nearest pub but it's like when you walk in the music stops and all the local acoholics turn to see whos coming in and you have to say excuse me love were are the tiolets:blush2:

It was 10 in the morning the pub wasn't open, and before anyone asks I didn't get any pictures lol

tapatalk on my HTC

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I was working in the sticks tiling a splashback and bathroom (empty barn conversion)busting for a number 2 so bucket it was.
So i pour it in a hole, 2 mins later i look out of window and my dog elvis was eating it, i was nearly sick, needless to say he sat in the back of the van on the long drive home

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3dy35o

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Haha thanks for sharing that with us mike I was laughing my head off reading that I normally try and find the nearest pub but it's like when you walk in the music stops and all the local alcoholics turn to see whos coming in and you have to say excuse me love were are the tiolets:blush2:

iv'e done that before now, felt so guilty, just wanting to use the bog, i ended up buying half a shandy...

B

Bubblecraft

This is what happened the other week. Was just finishing a bathroom fit & took the door off to tile the floor. Loaded all the tiling gear on the floor & then my labourer says, "I need to drop 1....now" so thought that's fine, knowone is in, I'll go make a cuppa. Just then, the 17 year old daughter walks in. Didn't realise she was on a half shift. So, with the front door being right at the bathroom, I didn't have time to stop her. My labourer just picked up a 30 x 60 floor tile & made it look like he was sitting on the bog marking a tile. She stood for a good 2 minutes talking to us before she headed up stairs...none of the wiser! I found it hard to keep a straight face!

B

Bubblecraft

About 2 years ago, was doing a large solid wood flooring job in Killcreggan, good hours drive from where I'm based. Dual carriage way all the way there. Again, he had to go for a number 2. Pulled into layby, no trees about for cover so he just squated next to the van as all buckets in van were full. It's a busy road. I thought it would be funny to drive on a wee bit & leave him exposed. He just sat there, on his invisible toilet without a care in the world! I was knotting myself!

I got got caught sort today working in an empty house took the toilet out yesterday and no water on so i had to drop the turtle down this my misses hasn't stopped laughing all day after i told her 08032012868.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to caught short in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
R
How long did it take before things really kicked off for you?. i went on my own at the start of...
Replies
Views
Stocks Tiles
S
D
Hi, Had a bit of nightmare at work. I poured some floor level onto a step which was to be tiled...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
R
we just finished the christmas ideal home show and dead opporsite our stand was the free goody...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.