Discuss Ceramic Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

Derwent999

Hi,
Began striping old vinyl flooring Tiles to the concrete and found layer of the old black tar like adhesive, Maybe (Bitumen) still a bit tacky to touch.

Do you no of an adhesive to do the job-Ceramic Floor Tiles.
Can this adhesive be used to Tile over the Vinyl tiles without having to strip them down to concrete.

Can I use this adhesive over the black like previouse adhesive,Maybe Bitumen,(will not scrape off), to apply the floor tiles.

Can you help in any way, than you.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi and:welcome: the bitumen adhesive you descibe sounds to me like the stuff used to fix thermoplastic tiles, as the name implies they used to heat the tiles prior to fixing. ATA ()(apshalt tile adesive)can be removed by heat gun and scraper,messy job, and will leave residue.You might be as well contacting technical dept. of mapei,or like, if vinyl floor is sound, there are primers and adhesives that will do the job. Good luck.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ceramic Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB