Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Cheapish Tile Cutter (add-on) in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

A

Ant

Hi all

Just following on from Rascals post yesterday about discount Big Clinker from B&Q:

I'm just starting out (currently on course). This big clinker, can't find it on B&Q website. Maybe its just available in store.

I have seen the Magnusson cutters though - £28 for 500mm and £37 for 600mm. I know Magnusson make decent spanners and other tools but thats cheap, anyone know if these cutters are any good?

As i say just starting out and will also be buying a Virex wet cutter. No chance am gonna be affording a Rubi dry cutter just yet. Budget for this type of cutter is around £50 for me.

Cheers all

Ant:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Found it on the web. Looks a bit cheap, can't imagine the plastic runner ends holding up well after a long week. I'd go take a look at one and see if it feels flimsy in any way.

It's worth noting (though I understand your position) that your tile cutter you'll need on every job, and having a really good one, will pay for itself in nice cuts, lots of them, and cutting much quicker. And it'll last years longer. So invest in one as soon as you can.

Might be worth buying this cheapo one just to last you a few jobs until you've saved to buy one. I'd also always recommend asking family if you can do tiling jobs for them and instead of them paying you, if they're happy with the work, they buy you a tool you need, but a good one. That way if you do a few, you've got a bit of real experience and a few good tools too. And remember, they're an asset when they're expensive as they can be sold on at fair prices even a year or so later.

G

garretridge

Went down to B&Q today to get a big clinker as a stop gap whilst the Rubi fund grows as my old cutter was getting past it.
In the catalogue at £68 so I questioned it and was told that was wrong it was £50 plus vat so I went and bought one.
When they scanned it at the till it came up at £38.78 including the vat.
A lot of cutter for less than £40.
Stuart.

well done good cutter for the money!:thumbsup:

Reply to Cheapish Tile Cutter (add-on) in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cheapish Tile Cutter (add-on)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%