Discuss child benefit cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think the aim is to stop spending benefits on families that don't need them. Not too sure of my view quite yet as I too don't really understand it. The media all seem to have tackled a different angle to this and it's confused me.

If it turns out it stops those sapping the tax payer and helps the genuine ones who need it (along with other benefit changes they're introducing) then it helps stop this sick society of popping kids out to get a house and an income, and then more to 'earn' more, and helps encourage people to get into work and earn a wage to pay tax (therefore helping the taxpayer long-term - which is what I think this government is actually doing rather than screwing it up big time like the last) then its a good thing.

And I'm sure that's what it is meant to be, though from getting confused over all the press it doesn't look clear to be honest.

E

easyt

The whole damned system is screwed up in my opinion. If I was working I would be on £35,000 per year for 38 hours. I chose to retire early and receive £14.000 as I have a reasonable leel of savings.

There are people with kids earning as little as £14,000 working full time. Many staff working in the department of work and pensions are at this sort of level and receiving supplementary benefits to achieve a working wage. The same applies of course in many areas. The country is effectively supplementing the wages of many low pay employment. Most of these people are not feckless but are trapped in a low wage environment.

Also the situation where someone on benefits earns less by working is also wrong. The minimum wage is £5.93 for an adult. If they are working 40 hours a week they will only earn £12,300 before stoppages. The rest of the country supplements their income. There is something wrong somewhere.

There have always been low paid jobs. 50 years ago when women were less equal they tended to be the ones doing these. I reckon that I could live reasonably (if I were single) on £15,000 per year. I couldn't live on £12,000. When the government are employing people on what is less than a realistic minimum wage there is something wrong imo.

Reply to child benefit cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

U
Please please please add your objection to this, for me and all the people of the Northern...
2 3
Replies
Views
user123
U
D
Have a read of this article about sealers etc....a good read indeed... An article by Maurizio...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
D
The following is an article written by an eminent stone professional in the USA - please read it...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
child benefit cuts
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.