Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Chipboard, 6mm Hardie & Bal single part fastflex in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pro-handyman

Evening,

I've got 30x30 ceramics to tile onto chipboard in bathroom roughly an area of 6'x4'

I know chipboard is not ideal in a bathroom however I'm happy that it's in good condition and solid on 8"x2" joists with little if any movement when i walk on it (I'm 16st btw!)

With this in mind I was going stick and screw 6mm Hardie board. Would Bal single part fastflex the right choice of product to stick board and tiles and Bal Supaflex to grout?

Thanks in advance

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
Evening,

I've got 30x30 ceramics to tile onto chipboard in bathroom roughly an area of 6'x4'

I know chipboard is not ideal in a bathroom however I'm happy that it's in good condition and solid on 8"x2" joists with little if any movement when i walk on it (I'm 16st btw!)

With this in mind I was going stick and screw 6mm Hardie board. Would Bal single part fastflex the right choice of product to stick board and tiles and Bal Supaflex to grout?

Thanks in advance
hi pro handy man that is the best adhesive for the job imo fastflex is an s2 adhesive. but u need to double check the deflection one way to do this is to fill a glass with water put it in the middle of the room. walk around the glass it if it spills theres more than likely to be to much movement. b4 u tile screw down the exhisting chipboard to the joists then overboard with hardi screw down at 200mm centres u can use any powdered adhesive under the board but on top fastflex
would b my choice :thumbsup:hope this helps

Just noticed your signature mate:yikes:

Andy Carroll Tiling Limited, Manchester

Is that what you do in the close season:lol:

Andy-Carroll-001.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to Chipboard, 6mm Hardie & Bal single part fastflex in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to the forum, I'm a customer of a bodged tiling job done 2 years ago by a general...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Last time I posted here I was having a first attempt at tiling the walls in a shower...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W
M
Hi, I'm currently renovating and my next job is tiling. I have new T&G 22mm chipboard screwed...
2 3
Replies
Views
O
So after a couple of weeks trialing @ISOMAT UK products, thought it was time to give initial...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Chipboard, 6mm Hardie & Bal single part fastflex
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.