Guest viewing is limited

Discuss chipboard floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

suave

quick one guys,started tearing up a bathroom floor for my dad yesterday,it was some sort of vinyl glued to 6mm ply which was also looked to be glued and screwed,total nitemare to get up,got the wc out,floor up back to the original chipboard which dosent look too good at some points,i was thinkin once ive flushed the chipboard off,cover with 6mm backerboard or 15mm ply,what would you guys suggest?
also iam going to give mapei products a go this time,what should i be goin for for this job?hope ive explained this ok,many thanks!

S

suave

quick one guys,started tearing up a bathroom floor for my dad yesterday,it was some sort of vinyl glued to 6mm ply which was also looked to be glued and screwed,total nitemare to get up,got the wc out,floor up back to the original chipboard which dosent look too good at some points,i was thinkin once ive flushed the chipboard off,cover with 6mm backerboard or 15mm ply,what would you guys suggest?
also iam going to give mapei products a go this time,what should i be goin for for this job?hope ive explained this ok,many thanks!

forgot to say tiles are 330x330 glazed ceramic

S

suave

If the chipboard is solid - no deflection - then 6mm backerboard is the way to go, glued and screwed. If the chipboard is in any way suspect then you would be better to relace the whole lot with 18mm ply and tile onto that. backerboard on top of this too will be perfect. Use Mapei keraquick, and if going striaght onto the ply then use Latex Plus with it.

thanks GG not used rapid set before,got a wee bit of time on my side would keraflex be ok?

Reply to chipboard floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
chipboard floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.