Discuss City & Guilds = NOTHING in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

vern

Hi, i recently had a row on the phone with the people that supply the cscs cards due to me getting my card in the post with the words TRAINEE across the front of it!!! i was fuming!! as i went to college for a year and recieved a City & Guilds in Wall & Floor Tiling AND ive spent the last 8 years since that acually doing what i learnt at college!! Its so embarasing when i get inducted on a new site and i have to hand that over!! it makes me feel like i've never layed a tile in my life!!! Has anyone else had the same problem? and how do i get a different card? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

jwatson

you need nvq level 2 then your card will change colour. i have same problem.
city and guilds level 2 means you have been educated the correct way to fix tiles. nvq is the qualification proving you have done the correct standards on site, its a bad way of doing things imo.
the funding in my area has ran out but may be different in your area as cost for assement is roughly 1k. get on to where you trained for city and guilds they may be able to put you in contact with right people and you never know it might still be free!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

same thing happened to me last year, I got a trainee card in place of a gold card. boy did they get a rocket up them. the replacement arrived same week

tbh Im not sure what city and guilds you recieved on a years course, if its not convertable to an nvq 2 or above you will not recieve a qualified card, this is why you need to take care which course you take, but having tiled for 8 yrs since you should be able to get assessed on site for your evidence based nvq2

T

tilerjason

hi ive done the city & guilds with joe , just got a diploma. but to get a blue or gold card you need an nvq 2 /3 the best way to get them is to get registered self employed and sub contract out, i passed mine in 3 full days. Then contact the osat ( on site assesment training), you will need to be working on site for them to asses you but well worth it as it opens many doors for you

D

DHTiling

A year at college will not get you fully qualified.. C&G credit is what you will get..

The minimum requirement for an NVQ2 in Tiling through OSAT is 3 years.

It normally takes 12 weeks to complete, unless more site visits are required to gather more performance evidence to satisfy the performance criteria. You have 2 years to complete it.

If you have taken part in some form of accredited training, such as a Level 1 NOCN or ASET, then 12 weeks is a very realistic target to get your NVQ2 done, maybe sooner.

However, if you have acheived an ICA, then you can get your NVQ2 in 20 weeks from the day you finished the course, maybe sooner. THIS IS BY FAR THE QUICKEST WAY FOR A PERSON TO GET THEIR NVQ2, WHO HAS NO OR LITTLE EXPERIENCE IN THE TRADE.

All references and CV's are checked, so make sure your career history matches what you say you have in experience. If the assessor doesn't check this, then the IV will check. If he doesn't, then the EV will check. 99% of the time though, the Assessor will check, so not to drop a clanger by being caught out.

R

redlee

If you can prove that you have been working in the industry for at least the last 5 years then the quickest way to achieve your NVQ at level 2 is the EWPA route (Experienced worker practical assessment). This will enable you to get your blue skilled worker card

Can you prove you've been in the industry for the last 5 years if you've only been self employed for that time, how long does the ewpa route take and how much does it cost?
cheers
Lee.

M

Max@ableskills

Can you prove you've been in the industry for the last 5 years if you've only been self employed for that time, how long does the ewpa route take and how much does it cost?
cheers
Lee.

Hi Lee. EWPA route costs £995.00 and can be acheived very quickly. As an assessor i would be looking for evidence of trade accounts held and public liability insurance dating back over 5 years, payments for previous work, receipts for goods etc etc.

Also if you have been trading for over 5 years it is likely that you have built up some contacts within the construction industry such as plumbers, sparkys, plasterers and generally other trades persons. All of there details can be used to validate that you have been trading over 5 years.

Give our guys a call on 01322280202 or check out our website for details (www.ableskills.co.uk)

cheers

Reply to City & Guilds = NOTHING in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice / help by somebody in the know or anybody who has done...
Replies
Views
Mr Tiler
M
E
I have been tiling for about 7 years I attended college for 18 months and obtained a diploma...
Replies
Views
evertonl36
E
Who are the bikers on here. My lad (22) had a scooter when at college, then joined army so the...
Replies
Views
Hi, started tiling 9 years ago at 50 (bit of a late starter!) and wondered how I would go about...
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys, another newbie here looking for help and advice I've worked in the City for almost 20...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
City & Guilds = NOTHING
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.