Discuss Tiling course at YTA Bradford has gone horribly wrong in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

Hi everyone, I am looking for some advice / help by somebody in the know or anybody who has done a similar course, as I fear I have been robbed by YTA.

I spent £1,350 on City & Guilds training courses at YTA Bradford - I passed all courses but then afterwards I was told they lost City & Guilds accreditation so I can't get my certificates!

I paid so much for the courses believing I would get the certificates which I would use to prove my training, which would then enable me to get work as a tiler. I could've done the exact same courses for half the price without the C&G certificates. Now, if I want the proper certificates I will have to pay to do some more courses at a proper training centre.

They won't refund me anything, not even half the costs (as if I had done the non-accreddited courses).

It has turned out to be a very expensive mistake using them.
do you know what the qualification was ? i doubt it was a diploma so more likely something like the 6219 http://www.cityandguilds.com/qualif...onstruction-skills#tab=information&acc=level1 this is a taster and was never designed to be a passage in to the trade. more a passage on to the diploma 1 then 2 and then on to do the NVQ 1 or 2 if you are lucky enough to be working in the industry by then.

Reply to Tiling course at YTA Bradford has gone horribly wrong in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
G
Hi I have just joined the site having completed a 4 week course to gain a City and Guilds Level...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
P
Hi all, Having done research on quite a few courses I was wondering what experiences others...
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
R
Hi guys, im thinking of taking the week or 2 week course with construction skills college in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Tiling course at YTA Bradford has gone horribly wrong
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond