Discuss Clean licence? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

I got 3 points for doing 43mph in a 30mph then 6 points for doing 98.96 mph on the motorway. 3 points cleared then I got done for driving without insurance in my brother in laws car as I thought my policy covered it 3rd party so got 6 points which have me a 6 month ban. That was in 2004 and is long gone on my licence. Touch hairy wood, I've not been pulled once since for anything!

never had a single point , very proud of having a clean license ..

Well done mate, now is that because you stick to the rules or because you've been lucky ;) ?

Me.................... atm 3 for talking on my phone, did have another 3 that have gone now for speeding, 38 in a 30, I'd driven home from Portsmouth iirc and got zapped 2 miles from home, hey ho.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Clean licence now. Have massed a few over the years though. Used to drive regular upto Scotland and down to London once a week in a former life, clocking up about 50k miles a year. That was when I had to rush around seeing customers as I covered a very large area.

Now I don't travel too far for work and take it easy on the accelerator.

One was when I had to catch a ferry from Gourock to Dunoon a regular trip for me and the ferry only went once an hour. I'd got my time and distances pretty well sussed after a few trips up from Leeds, but on one particular occasion I got stopped on the M74 without a car in sight for miles through the hills, and I got done by the vascar doing 83. Couldn't believe it.

Another time was joining the M62 during rush hour. There had been an accident on the opposite carriageway and the traffic was at a standstill. As I eventually got to the top of the sliproad I was flashed by a big arctic to let me out onto slow lane. I actually went across the white arrows at approx 2-3mph. What I didn't see was a copper the other side of the truck and when the traffic started moving he pulled over and did me for 'cross hatching'.

I had just got a 2 day old Peugeot 206GTi in black, and he was going to have me for whatever he could. He was asking me questions about the new car and wanted to know how fast it went.

I calmly replied "70, it does 70 miles per hour"

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I got done on the M6 toll road, it was empty as always. I got up to about 175mph on my Gixer, not for very long mind. Slowed down and the got pulled over. In the back of the car the very nice officer said to me "now then i think we will deal with this by way of a fixed ticket, which will show 99mph £60 fine and 3 points, does that sound about right?" to which i said very quickly yes. We then went on to talk for a while and i found out he was a biker as well. He did ask just what i got up to and i replied to him 99mph you just gave me the ticket. I did tell him and he said that he thought it would be around that, and then he even told me to be very carefull around cheshire as the police there were having a blitz on speeding. Very nice copper indeed.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Guess they didn't like you then. Unless your reckless or being cheeky, you normally get a slap on the wrist. There is a 10% + 3mph grace but its up to the officers discretion

I was at the back of a row of cars trundling along........it was a sneaky parked camera van thingy. Checked on google.......minimum is 35 in a 30 to get a ticket.

Reply to Clean licence? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, first time poster so me gentle. We have just had some light coloured Indian sandstone tiles...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
K
Hello, I have just grouted my new tiles and after 3 days it has started to go yellow in...
Replies
Views
R
Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum, and need advice regarding my small upstairs toilet...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB