Discuss Cleaning tools of adhesive each time is slow - must be a better way? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Algy

I'm using an adhesive (Weber.set RapidSPF) that goes off fairly quickly, good for some things but a pain for large areas to tile. Because those large areas always have a few fiddly bits that take time.

So I only get a few tiles done before it starts to go off and I need to then stop and clean up everything. The cleaning is taking longer than the tiling.

Is there a better way to work?

Maybe I just need to shell out for the more expensive delayed set adhesive?

P

Perfect Tiling

Re: Cleaning tools of adhesive each time is slow - must be a better wa

I usually use bal spf which has a 5 hour pot life. I wish someone made an adhesive with a pot time in the middle. 30 mins too fast...5 hours too much...give us an hour imo. I carry a bucket third full of gravel. Fill with water at the job an whis whisk in it to keep shiny as new. When at a job with a gravel drive just renew it.

Re: Cleaning tools of adhesive each time is slow - must be a better wa

Tend to wash the trowel after using each bucket of muck , seems to work for me , always got water beside me when working.

Edit: PS , one of those little stanley window scraper things is handy , I use my Harris long handle scraper to give mine a once over if it set little too quick also.

Diggy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cleaning tools of adhesive each time is slow - must be a better way? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB