Discuss Clear the air in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Ok so it seems we're all squabbling and falling out a bit at the moment. If anyone wants to add any suggestions to improve the forum in a positive way, please say so. Can I just ask that any personal digs towards each other stop, they are unnecessary and, if we're honest, a bit childish. I like a good old debate as much as anyone else and am more than happy to be involved in a heated argument from time to time, it can be quite entertaining. I want to see more posting and I want the posting to pick up, I enjoy this forum that's why I have 11,000 or so posts. Have fun folks, life's meant to be a bit of a laugh :thumbsup:

I

Ian

I remember feeling very intimidated when I first joined, there are some very big personalities on this forum (a good thing) and sometimes it can be a bit daunting joining in on a thread when no one knows who you are, it doesn't take long to settle in and quite often text can be read in several different ways, it's the same with all forums, I think maybe that's just human nature, you don't become good mates with someone after talking to them for 10 minutes, it takes a bit of time to get to know peoples personalities and sense of humour.

M

Mr Tiler

I am posting more than I used to because I do not feel that I will be put down for expressing my opinion on the Forum now. Keep up the good work Bri

reading this one I think I had a big role in clamping down on all of the biggots! lol I seem a fool on this forum to most but at least I have helped people realise on here that we are only human at the end of the day. half of my posts have been idiotic and stupid at times.... maybe a couple more tea bags would sort this place out haha.

on a real note I think the forum would be better if the arguments (if aimed at one individual were handled in a more professional manner i.e through p.m.'s or in the arms. people who come on here to read the great advise that is sooooooooo widely spread on this site due to posts turning into arguments do not want to read it as it gets boring. its hard to get into a good debate on here without people becoming a little childish and digging with sly comments and all other ways to get blood boiling....

its just a site guys. show your work off, help the d.i.y'ers achieve a bathroom that is no where near a pro standard. but don't knock them down because of it. get on and have a laugh as life is too short and the majority of the tillers on this forum are nearly at the end of there career, so tbh I wouldn't bother stressing over a tag or a special name for certain members. get on with work and earn some bluddy money!

W

White Room

I am posting more than I used to because I do not feel that I will be put down for expressing my opinion on the Forum now. Keep up the good work Bri

To be fair I was the same when I first joined but never having used a forum before just kept reading and trying to understand the run of it, I think that goes with any forum but there are alot of keyboard experts, some live up to their advise some do not (or talk the talk) which I have seen over 7 years of being here.

I have seen similar arguments start and fade away but you need rules, which must adhered to and a sense of direction.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I find myself posting less .....mainly cause I can't be bothered anymore..

now certain members have left, some of the advice floating round here is laughable, and when you try to correct someone your accused of being a know it all bully, its no wonder a lot of good tilers have left the forum or post less, imo dan should have left the forum as it was.......where are all the members now that wanted the forum to change..??

best thing to happen on here recently is dean and daves little spat......what dose that tell you the direction the forum is heading ...

Reply to Clear the air in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
So, I bought my first home with my wife after saving for about 10 years and have been thrown...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB