Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Close call.. sick as the proverbial. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Driving along teatime to an estimate and felt a clunk under the van as i approached a roundabout.. pressed the brakes.. nothing..:yikes:..

I quickly grabbed the hand brake and slowed that way.. phew!!.

Pulled over the roundabout and pulled over on the grass verge using the hand brake to stop.

Got underneath and some polythene was wrapped around the drive shaft and the wheels braking area, it had snapped the brake flexi hose.:incazzato:..

Just yesterday i was at 70+ on the M-way.. so this could have been far worse..

God knows how long this polythene had been there.. but my van is now in the ford garage and i hope it is repaired tomorrow .. i have to much on to lose days..

Can't use the wifes car like i normally would, as she just got a bran new car saturday and life is better than daring to drive that for work..

Well annoyed..

D

DHTiling

Where are you working - I could pick you up if your up this way.

Supposed to be at shiremoor and ferryhill john.. all tools on the van in ford garage.. i asked them to put it indoors overnight..

So i was gunna use debs new qashqai but i got the LOOK!!..:dozey:..:lol: so i will just wait till the van is done..hopefully in the morning if they caught the ford delivery before shut off time of 6pm.. if not it will be friday..

So looks like sunday working again this week to catch up..

many many thanks for the offer though mate.

Reply to Close call.. sick as the proverbial. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

G
If I ever was cool that is.. For the past year I have been working with my brother since our...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
G
Paddy was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't...
Replies
Views
gm140
G
I want to introduce you to something that I think most of you will not have heard of. Law of...
Replies
Views
LM Ceramics
L
W
Yes my little ginger head has nearly exploded today. Firstly i was having problems with the...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Close call.. sick as the proverbial.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.