Discuss Coast to Coast in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

im 40 next year so i drunkly agreeded to do the coast to coast in May next year with a load of mates Up North somewhere .Now my knees are shot im three stone heavier than when i played rugby and i havnt done any decent excercise since moshing at Motorhead the other day

Has anyone else done this ride and is it going to hurt/finish me off

Also if you have i want to do it over 3 or 4 days stopping at decent pubs overnight so i can Carb load for the next day ( Are there Carbs in ale i hope so )

D

doug boardley

im 40 next year so i drunkly agreeded to do the coast to coast in May next year with a load of mates Up North somewhere .Now my knees are shot im three stone heavier than when i played rugby and i havnt done any decent excercise since moshing at Motorhead the other day

Has anyone else done this ride and is it going to hurt/finish me off

Also if you have i want to do it over 3 or 4 days stopping at decent pubs overnight so i can Carb load for the next day ( Are there Carbs in ale i hope so )
which route you taking? St Bees to Robin Hoods Bay?

3 Day Trip
Day One . Whitehaven to Greystoke/Penrith - approx. distance 50 miles
- one big climb at Whinlatter rest of route reasonably undulating
Day Two . Greystoke/Penrith to Allenheads/Rookhope - approx. distance 40 miles
- climbs up Hartside, out of Garrigill and Black Hill. A tough day over very hilly terrain
Day Three . Allenheads/Rookhope to Sunderland - approx. distance 45 miles
- climb out of Allenheads and then Rookhope Incline (or Crawleyside if going via Stanhope) then its level or downhill all the way to the finish

so this is what we are doing end of May this year

i think its just going to hurn the hell out of me but i will do it anyway

did 12 miles yesterday offroad and it was v muddy only fell off twice narrowly missing one tree stum and one big puddle that might of drowned me but i was ok yesterday but me knacks are killing today and my arms I dont think ive got the bike set up correctly

D

DHTiling

3 Day Trip
Day One . Whitehaven to Greystoke/Penrith - approx. distance 50 miles
- one big climb at Whinlatter rest of route reasonably undulating
Day Two . Greystoke/Penrith to Allenheads/Rookhope - approx. distance 40 miles
- climbs up Hartside, out of Garrigill and Black Hill. A tough day over very hilly terrain
Day Three . Allenheads/Rookhope to Sunderland - approx. distance 45 miles
- climb out of Allenheads and then Rookhope Incline (or Crawleyside if going via Stanhope) then its level or downhill all the way to the finish

so this is what we are doing end of May this year

i think its just going to hurn the hell out of me but i will do it anyway

did 12 miles yesterday offroad and it was v muddy only fell off twice narrowly missing one tree stum and one big puddle that might of drowned me but i was ok yesterday but me knacks are killing today and my arms I dont think ive got the bike set up correctly

Which route to sunderland..?..

K

kaharrison9

Did that exact route about 7 years ago over 3 days.
Fabulous route,just take it steady.
If need maybe be able to still get the b+bs we stayed at.
There were 14 of us and have the number of a mini coach and bike carrier for carrying large numbers of bikes.He came from the North east picked us up at Leeds,took us to Whitehaven,then brought us back from Sunderland.
One tale about the b+b in Whitehaven where we stayed on the friday before the ride.
There was 2 sittings for our group for breakfast.I was in the first sitting.
Started having a full english which wasn't great and my miss's reached for a slice of toast and there was a dirty old plaster under and put the toast back.
We all took one look and left the breakfast.The old lady came in and saw the half full plates and said proudly-not many people ever get to finish her hearty portions.
Anyway where all outside getting ready still on about the plaster.
When the second sitting of mates came out and mentioned they'd left there breakfast as they'd found an old plaster under the toast and the old lady still proudly mentioned how not many got to finish her hearty breakfasts!
Didn't find Whinlatter to bad.Allenheads a tuffy but great run in to Sunderland on an old disused railway track after.
Kev

Reply to Coast to Coast in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just had the bathroom floor tiled - well almost , the builder walked off after a...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
J
Hi guys. just Started up my own business last year so very very new to everything and was just...
Replies
Views
J.harvey tiling
J
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Coast to Coast
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.