UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Plasplugs Contractor Plus or the smaller Pro Plus/DWW082 Compact Wet Tile Cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

m4ubs

I have just bought the Plasplugs Contractor Plus as my 1st wet cutter. It's a huge machine and i've gotta feeling id be better off with a small Plasplugs Pro or DWW082. As i do more residential work, i dont own a van and im just starting off and do tiling as a side/hobby thing...

Then again i've read on the forums that tiles are getting bigger and customers prefer bigger tiles. The reason for me buying the contractor plus is coz i thought il only have to buy that once and it'l probably do most of the jobs.

Whats your opinion, Contractor Plus or the smaller Pro Plus/DWW082 Compact Tile Cutter ???

thnx

G

GazTech

I have just bought the Plasplugs Contractor Plus as my 1st wet cutter. It's a huge machine and i've gotta feeling id be better off with a small Plasplugs Pro or DWW082. As i do more residential work, i dont own a van and im just starting off and do tiling as a side/hobby thing...

Then again i've read on the forums that tiles are getting bigger and customers prefer bigger tiles. The reason for me buying the contractor plus is coz i thought il only have to buy that once and it'l probably do most of the jobs.

Whats your opinion, Contractor Plus or the smaller Pro Plus/DWW082 Compact Tile Cutter ???

thnx
Avoid the contractor plus go for the Mastertiler
icon14.gif

D

Dave-T

just a word of warning on the compact plus's. Normally these are fantastic for the money, and in the last 5 years i cant recall a return due to a fault. but in the last 2 months ive had 4 returned with the motors burnt out, so i would suggest checking with the plasplugs rep for your area that theyre back on form again. I've been assured that the faulty ones are out of production, and while im confident that the ones sent to me will be quality, as i spend thousands with them, i wouldn't put it past them to shift them onto smaller retailers/end users.

Reply to Plasplugs Contractor Plus or the smaller Pro Plus/DWW082 Compact Wet Tile Cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out. but only cost...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
Can anybody recommend a cutter that will produce very good edge cuts on 10mm very hard porcelain...
Replies
Views
P
Morning Everyone, Just a quick post, we have added a load of hole cutters on sale. (some have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Plasplugs Contractor Plus or the smaller Pro Plus/DWW082 Compact Wet Tile Cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.