UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Crazy times! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

I know some peeps have been quiet recently

but

I have found the last few months to be mad, the last two weeks in particular I have struggled to contact all customers who made enquiries and have been finding it very difficult to keep organised and Im getting sick of having to work nights to do quotes for people who expect me to do this rather than meet them during the day.

Yesterday, I had 8 voicemails. I just counted 11 missed calls in my phone fro yesterday and I am getting a few emails each day too. The other day I had a 'to do list' where I had 16 people to contact from 2 or 3 days of enquires.

JUST FOUND ANOTHER VOICEMAIL WHILST WRITTING THIS!

I have been doing some local advertising recently and plenty of driving from job to job in my local area where people will see my sign written vehicle too so this will help get business in.

I have never been this busy, I am genuinly finding it diffilcult to answer calls and visit people as well as booking in my work.

Has anyone else been noticing an increase in work recently?

If Im to be honest I have not had much tiling work coming in compared to the begining of the year where I was doing around 4 tiling per month e.g. bathrooms, kitchens floors etc.

Im glad I offer more than one service, and would reccomend anyone who is quiet offers small odd jobs (if you are confident in your abilities) as there is plenty of demand for this.

not in a position where I can take a full time employee yet but Im finding it hard to manage by myself so the wife is offering to deal with booking in quotes and taking care of paper work etc so hopefully I can spend more time focussing on the job in hand.

I started this thread with a view to having a moan about customers and me being too busy. I realised whilst typing that this was actualy a good thing and that its realy just me that has to adapt and manage things better:lol:

T

tfs

only had a few small plaster repairs jobs and drywall where I normally opt for easifill but my friend has asked me to have a go at skimming his stair and ceiling which is caked in artex! (should be fun). I tend not to deal with ceilings (in terms of skimming) but since its a friend I will give it a go.

I have spoke to a few tilers from West Lothian and Edinburgh and they had a tricky month last month too Jamie. I personally have noticed a decrease in the amount of tiling enquiries that I have been recieving. ( I hope that changes though as I need to put my new d24000 to some good use! lol)

Hopefully a better year for us all this year chaps

T

tfs

I tend to go through my voicemails in the evening for any missed calls.

Still not getting any better lol, had a call on Tuesday from a letting agent. They asked me to go to a job asap as one of the windows in a property they look after blow out with the winds. I was already on a job that I realy had to get finished. Lucky enough, I had a chap out helping me that day so got the job done and then took the 16 mile drive to look at the window. When I got to the job I had to do an emergency board up. I have the window at my house and will need to do a repair on it in the morning before rehanging it on Tuesday.

Got a phone call from the same agent asking me to go to another job Friday evening to get an old fire placed ripped it in a tenenemant so the heating guy can get started on putting in a new noiler on Monday morning. I get a lot of work from this aent so I guess you gotta look after the guys that keep you busy.

Got two reliable guys helping out (sub contrating) that I can rely on for basic jobs, so Im hoping this is going to help get jobs done sooner and keep peeps happy at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Crazy times! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.