Discuss Ctd are now offering 0% interest free credit in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It's worth saying we see the same said on the other forums. I think people just seem to try and work out what they earn per day, and aren't willing to part with any more than that for your own day rate.

Then of course Bob from down the road can do tiling. But electrics they're not allowed to, and Gas Plumbing too.

So those two trades have more regs and more training involved, so tend to not get questioned as much I think. Maybe.

A Gas Engineer has to re-sit some sort of test every 5 years I learned the other day.

And sparks get their regs updated every now and again. We're on 18th edition of something or other now.

I guess that's what TTA are trying to do. Get the trade regulated. But at the end of the day it's a finishing trade so as long as DIY sheds sell tiles, you're competing with Bob who's lost his job and can fix tiles with a Blob to put food in his Gob. :D

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ctd are now offering 0% interest free credit in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello to everybody, how's it going? I'm new here just signed up and wanted to know what...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Bedrock Tiles are proud to announce some seriously climate, complimenting news that we have...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
K
Hello, I am new to this site and seeking some advice on the tiling in our new bathroom. We are...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB