Discuss Curved Edging tiles for floors in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

RDTiling

Evening all.

For those of you have read my post on whether to tile a bowling toilet club floor. Thanks to Geoff and others I have sufficient information to tackle the prep work with confidence.

The walls are not being tiled unfortunately, but are having some form for aqua panel with a marble fleck running through it.

i have seen in some pub toilets that the edges of the floor are tiled are with a curved edging tile (usually in a terracotta colour to match the floor tiles!). The bowling club are looking to use this edging to provide additional protection to the bottom of the aqua panel board when the floor is washed.

does anyone know what the official name of these edging tiles are and are they only available with certain styles of tile? They are keen to avoid the standard red terracotta 15 x 15 tiles and go with something along the lines of the Gradino anti slip tile from Tile Giant. Is there an alternative to these edging tiles such as a PVC edging strip that can be used?

Thanks,
Rich

C

Concrete guy

Like this?

Quarry Tile Product Range Summary | Dennis Ruabon Welsh Clay Products - Quarry Tiles & Clay Pavers

EDIT : Sorry didn't read the "avoid" bit.

I know an alternative hold on.

This looks more like it.

http://www.nichollsandclarke.com/uploads/c2066d0cdfce105ff393b002caaa14e0.pdf

I used these do a full refit on a sports club communal shower area.

Matching external and internal curves etc are available on some but not all of the range. Prices quite sensible but sometimes limited to minimum quantities.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Curved Edging tiles for floors in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
T
Hi all. First time poster here so thanks in advance for any help you can give and apologies if...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, (I have tried looking but could not find this subject covered in another thread, if I...
Replies
Views
JamesHardie
J
Evening, I am doing a job for a customer which i have been dreading!!!. Tilling the floor of...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Hi, I have a traditional 1960 house, I am adding an extension and I am paying a professional to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB