Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Phil, you're no mug!
S**t happens unfortunately. This woman obviously set u up from the off! U can't protect yourself from that!
I know these words won't change anything, but, you're way to hard on yourself mate. Cut yourself a break, there was nothing you could have done being the type of guy you are! DECENT AND HARDWORKING! That's no mug!
good luck Phil, if u need anything jus pick up the phone!
Marc.

T

The D

Phil, you're no mug!
S**t happens unfortunately. This woman obviously set u up from the off! U can't protect yourself from that!
I know these words won't change anything, but, you're way to hard on yourself mate. Cut yourself a break, there was nothing you could have done being the type of guy you are! DECENT AND HARDWORKING! That's no mug!
good luck Phil, if u need anything jus pick up the phone!
Marc.
X2

J

jonnyc

Phil.i have had a 3.5 k debt for over three years now and I have not had the energy to pursue the lady who is a senior partner in top london law firm.i know i am in right and even have email to say what a great job was done but she just decided to not pay becAuse I got ****ed off with her lack time given to project .
but you have inspired me to follow this up before too late.it is easy for us to say just go legal but it is a whole load of Agro.but people like this get away with this kind of stuff because people do not stand up to them.i will now go down your line as well as much as I don't really want to.i am still sure your client will fold

C

charlie1

Chin up phil, nothing is worth putting yourself through this. My advice would be accept it as a loss of money and a lesson learned, now I'm not saying give up!! I think you should certainly pursue it but stop thinking about it, just let go but in back ground just go through the steps to getting your money back but try not to let it control your life in the here and now. In the medium term, you will get your money back, you will have learned a lesson too. That's not what's bothering you I guess though, it's the fact she has done this, questioning your work and if your anything like me then you will also be questioning your work, well phill, no work is perfect mate, not even the work of probably the best tiler in England and after all... ​it's only tiles man ;-)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Ive just been reading through all this and im gob smacked. Its unbelieveable the ****e we have to deal with to make an honest living. I was glad to read youre not letting her get away with it Phil. Doesnt she know who she's dealing ? Mr Phil Hobson Master Craftsman!
I hope she gets whats coming and then some, with knobs on lol.
Sharon x

Thanks for that Sharon. I think we are all up against these type of people.

They are out there, the sad part seems to be the law gives them to much time and to many options.

When I went to citizens advice I wanted a template letter to send to a bad paying customer, guess what, they didn't have any.

They had plenty for the public complaining about bad trades people.

It seems we don't have the same rights as the bad customers.:thumbsdown:

aytiling

TF
Arms
Nottingham
Hey Phil, I don't know you but anyone who has to put up with this sort of behaviour has my best wishes.
i have in my time had to take about 5-7 builders/clients to small claims court. Won everyone of them, some before the date, some after the hearing, and one sent his lawyer to court with the cash to get me to back down just before we were due to go in.
You are allowed to take someone in to the hearing with you, she might have her lawyer there so you need some backup as well.
She has dug a hole for herself that she can't get out of now, by not responding to any of your letters she has shown that she has made no effort to negotiate, the district judge will take a dim view of this and might not even want to hear the particulars, he/she might just make ruling because of that alone.
my thoughts are with you mate.
just for reference, do not send emails, they are not admissible.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hey Phil, I don't know you but anyone who has to put up with this sort of behaviour has my best wishes.
i have in my time had to take about 5-7 builders/clients to small claims court. Won everyone of them, some before the date, some after the hearing, and one sent his lawyer to court with the cash to get me to back down just before we were due to go in.
You are allowed to take someone in to the hearing with you, she might have her lawyer there so you need some backup as well.
She has dug a hole for herself that she can't get out of now, by not responding to any of your letters she has shown that she has made no effort to negotiate, the district judge will take a dim view of this and might not even want to hear the particulars, he/she might just make ruling because of that alone.
my thoughts are with you mate.
just for reference, do not send emails, they are not admissible.

Thanks for that mate, she is contesting my claim and counter claiming, I have to respond in the next few days.

She is going down the route of sub-standard work, taking to long on the job etc.

I have asked her to allow a TTA technical inspector to do a report, but to no avail.

She has accused me of going for a drink with my TF Friends on her time? I told her I was going on a two day stone polishing course, nothing to do with drinking, I was up front with her at all times, never tried to rip her off.

A few members will vouch for me being on the Nu-Life stone course in Stockport, I also did three half days foc, and supplied over £100.00 in materials. That I was going to stand myself.

I hope this goes the right way for me in court, these people are out there waiting for us.

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Customer From Hell
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond