Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rossymcg

Thanks for that mate, she is contesting my claim and counter claiming, I have to respond in the next few days.

She is going down the route of sub-standard work, taking to long on the job etc.

I have asked her to allow a TTA technical inspector to do a report, but to no avail.

She has accused me of going for a drink with my TF Friends on her time? I told her I was going on a two day stone polishing course, nothing to do with drinking, I was up front with her at all times, never tried to rip her off.

A few members will vouch for me being on the Nu-Life stone course in Stockport, I also did three half days foc, and supplied over £100.00 in materials. That I was going to stand myself.

I hope this goes the right way for me in court, these people are out there waiting for us.

I learned today she has put in a counter claim for £4,900.00 from me. to remove metro tiles that should have been sealed (someone has told her this) crackle glaze yes, white glazed metro, no.

It seems she will have to redecorate the whole house due to some splashes from the dewalt, that would wipe off with a sponge. Stale urine in a bucket (absolute tosh) we had to use a bucket as there were no toilet facilities on the job, but we emptied the buckets into a grid and washed out the buckets, we are not animals, but people like this think we are.

Phil im not saying dont listen to other peoples advice, i can only tell you whats worked for me, people are saying get a solicitor. The judges in these courts are inteligent understanding people, its all done in laymans talk. A solicitor is expensive and not needed. ive been to court 3 times. 2 of the times tradesmen(apparently) making a claim against me, both cases i won. The oher time i took Bovis homes to court and won.
Bovis had legal directors, office staff, files of paper work and all the legal jargon to go with it.
statements from friends other tradesmen etc will mean nothing in court and the judge will tell you so(it could be written by anyone), your qualifications and accrediations will mean a lot in court,
you have to remember the judge knows nothing about tiling, you have to give him facts to inform him, the hows and whys. product data etc.
its really important you counter act everything she says with hard facts and proof and not just your own opinion.
if she wasnt happy with how long things took she should have told you straight away not 5000 pounds of work later, the judge will tell her that,
the prro quality of work chestnut, a stratagey bovis tried the judge said "you awarded this company several contracts over several years worth in excess of x amounts of pounds, how could you be un happy with his work and award him so much work in a competative market?"

with the subbies that tried taking me, they said i was paying them late and then not paying them at all and that my prices were well below the average, Judge said "how come you endured it for more than a couple of weeks then? im struugling to believe what you're saying"

she cant bring anything up in court that she hasnt mentioned prior to the hearing because you need a chance to defend yourself. I seriously wouldnt be worrying about any of this if all she can say is water splashes and not sealing glazed metros,

J

jonnyc

rossmcg. very well put .
i think i also mentioned previously that judges only deal in facts. any claims she is making against you, you must adress amd have an answer for for when you go to court.these claims of hers are ridiculous and if you have proof from manufcaturer that tiles not needing sealing then thats sorted straight away.the decoration will also be dealt with by an intelligent and considered judge.easy for me to say but i cant see any problems for you with the info being given to us.

Stay strong Phil and good luck at court.
The only advice I would give you is any counter claim she tries to make ie, sealing glazed tiles. go with paperwork from the manufacturer to prove it doesn't need sealed. Keep all your points brief and right to the point. You might find you only have a few minutes to deliver all the things you would like to say, so make a list in order of importance and see how many you have time to express.
On a personal note, some of the best ever tiling work I have ever seen is on your TF home page. It discussed me that someone with your tiling ability is in this position. Good luck mate.

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Customer From Hell
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond