Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Cutters - wet and dry -£200 budget? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

T

thegwads

hi all
great site by the way
55sq m floor coming up next week with porcelain so biting the bullet and investing in new gear.
what should i purchse?
big clinker at screwfix is getting my attention, and then a £100 odd wet cutter, or should i go for a rubi ts60 etc and a cheaper wet cutter?
any suggestions - doing my head in choosing and not used a rubi before or a clinker, just been using a pretty standard cutter for the past year which does a good job but struggles on porcelain a bit.
if you could help me out it would be much appreciated.
got a screwfix counter nearby. basd in ********* cambs and need to get on monday/for tuesday so bit late for a mail order jobby
cheers

P

penno

With only a budget of 200 for a wet and dry cutter i would say you are pushing it a little mate. If i was you seeing as time is short i would invest the cash in only one of the items and hire the other for the duration of the job.
As Chase says get yourself something like a nice Rubi dry cutter, however i would save up the cash left over for a nice wet cutter, wouldn't really like to turn up for a job myself laying over 50sqm of porcelains to lay and rely on a 40 quid wet cutter.

Think Topps hire out cutters.

T

thegwads

cheers for comments - room is pretty square so looking at minimal wet cuts, but do need a great dry cutter - but are rubi's all they're made out to be - hear so many conflicting stories do not know which way to go!
i have heard as long as the wet cutter is 700w plus with a nice blade should be ok, but the dry one is the important one.
rubi's appear to cost a fair old amount, and all i am asking is if that is purely down to the branding or if they really are as good as all that?
could someone realisticaly do a good job with a big clinker or other version, or do the rubi's save so much time it becomes a no brainer?

G

GazTech

With only a budget of 200 for a wet and dry cutter i would say you are pushing it a little mate. If i was you seeing as time is short i would invest the cash in only one of the items and hire the other for the duration of the job.
As Chase says get yourself something like a nice Rubi dry cutter, however i would save up the cash left over for a nice wet cutter, wouldn't really like to turn up for a job myself laying over 50sqm of porcelains to lay and rely on a 40 quid wet cutter.

Think Topps hire out cutters.
We only hire out Rubi snappers,we have no insurance for electrical equipment hire......Gaz
----
That would be interesting if Gaz could reply on this one for future reference, Whether other topps hire cutters, just incase I need a jumbo cutter which I hav'nt got. Local hire shops don't even scratch the surface for cutters.:yes:
Or policy on snapper hire is deposit for full amount of cutter,£7 per day hire and deposit refunded on return of snapper if in 1 peice.....Gaz

The big clinker is superb kit....we sell at £99.99...but will price match screwfix at £79.99.....Gaz

Big Clinker Tile Cutter 610mm
http://www.NoLinksToThis/sfd/i/cat/00/p4079400_x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

Couple of traders just picked these up from me ...880watt...the most powerful small cutter in its class...highly rated.....Gaz
ND125_LARGE.jpg
Rubi nd 125
----
What do they call the wheel for the Master tiler, turbo blade or something ?
Mastertiler has a turbo blade Feks yes....Gaz

G

GazTech

so the rubi may be a better purchase than plasplugs master?
what price do you do the plasplugs and rubi?
Sorry mate.. .we dont sell plasplugs anymore..as regards Rubi, with proof of quote we will price match.....Gaz
----
Master tilers 650w I think.... you ever struggle with any form of tile Gaz with the Master ?
No never have struggled....my mastertiler is 8 yrs old now and still going strong...I have normal (for fine detail ) and turbo blade for ripping down.....Cracking cutter IMO.....Gaz

Reply to Cutters - wet and dry -£200 budget? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum but tiled a few DIY jobs for friends and family over the years. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out. but only cost...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a nice manual cutter from rubi. I'm set on a rubi as their parts are easy to get...
Replies
Views
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
B
Evening all, So getting back into the swing of it all again and need to get myself a new wet...
Replies
Views
Gonzo1969
G

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cutters - wet and dry -£200 budget?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%