Discuss Wet Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
I've got the Rubi,
I'm very pleased with it and I run a DNA in it too!
Once u've lined everything up, bought the laser add on and the side extension table, it's excellent for the money I think.
Straight and true, powder coating could be a lot better, and it's a lump to drag about at about 70Kg buts it's solid as a rock!

I've owned a similar machine to the dewalt, had its purpose at the time being so compact, but ur still very limited with the fixed side cutting head, and materials are getting larger by the day.

If I need a compact cutter because of space restrictions I use the Rubi TC180
Brilliant piece of kit, and no tile size to big, and one of the most accurate cutters u'll use, pin point!

I've got a Rubi DW250NL 110volt, like you said a good saw when set up true just hard work jumping it about on my own and only just fits in my van with a couple of inches to spare, I wouldn't mind the support table but not sure if it would fit on mine with it being the previous model.

O

Old Mod

I've got a Rubi DW250NL 110volt, like you said a good saw when set up true just hard work jumping it about on my own and only just fits in my van with a couple of inches to spare, I wouldn't mind the support table but not sure if it would fit on mine with it being the previous model.

I don't think it will Paul, if I'm right your water table (main table) at the top tune back over toward the centre. So effectively u have a 1cm metal edge on top. Clear as mud I'm sure! Haha
Whereas mine doesn't have this lip.
image.jpg

So the side table hooks on.
I've actually only had the side table a few days and what a god send!
Can actually place a 900 piece on there and shout "look mum no hands!";)
image.jpg

image.jpg

As far as lugging it about goes I came up with solution to that too!
Two 200mm wheels from screwfix, using original hand nuts and extended bolt to form mini axle.
image.jpg

When legs folded I can now drag it over fairly rough terrain and push it in the motor!:)

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
Ww have a video on the fitting of the extension table

I don't think it will Paul, if I'm right your water table (main table) at the top tune back over toward the centre. So effectively u have a 1cm metal edge on top. Clear as mud I'm sure! Haha
Whereas mine doesn't have this lip.
View attachment 76524

So the side table hooks on.
I've actually only had the side table a few days and what a god send!
Can actually place a 900 piece on there and shout "look mum no hands!";)
View attachment 76525

View attachment 76526

As far as lugging it about goes I came up with solution to that too!
Two 200mm wheels from screwfix, using original hand nuts and extended bolt to form mini axle.
View attachment 76527

When legs folded I can now drag it over fairly rough terrain and push it in the motor!:)

You are spot on Marc regards a folded lip returning on the water bed and the tile bed hooks over the side........I wonder if trade tiler do a trade in service? Well it's in the name :-D

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
@AD Ceramics
I reckon this will fit! Be good if u could try, but I don't see why not!

View attachment 76610

As long as that lip is less than 20mm think u'd be in!

Cheers Marc but don't think it will work as the bed folds over the edge and down the side of the cutter.
I am thinking about asking my mate to weld some 30mm steel box section underneath in between legs then when it's stood up I can slide 25mm box section into that and make a form that sits on them either side. If us get my gist!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
G

Gonzo1969

I'm only a part time tiler as I fit kitchens and bathrooms.

I spent months researching the best tile cutter to suit my needs and opted for the dewalt DW2400. When I got it i had to send it back as the side bed attachment which comes with the package was elevated by around 3mm from the main bed. The replacement wasn't as bad but still slightly elevated leading to breakout and the end of cuts. Also the second machine jammed up two thirds of the way through a 600mm cut where I really had to force it through.

I took it to my local tool merchants that fix most brands. The technician in there (Issac Lords of High Wycombe) is a guy who never gives in. He ordered a new side bed which was also out of alignment so he redrilled and adapted the fixing holes so there is absolutely no error out of plane in both directions.

Then he tried to sort out the binding on the sliding bed. After a while he got fed up and took the whole thing apart and rebuilt it, taking 8 hours.

It was a good tool but now it is a dream machine. It glides rather than slides and cuts dead straight. The Dewalt blade is also very good on hard porcelain.

Very low water spray, easy to carry and transport by myself. Not much else to say really.

Very happy bunny and would highly recommend!!

J

Just Rizzle

I'm only a part time tiler as I fit kitchens and bathrooms.

I spent months researching the best tile cutter to suit my needs and opted for the dewalt DW2400. When I got it i had to send it back as the side bed attachment which comes with the package was elevated by around 3mm from the main bed. The replacement wasn't as bad but still slightly elevated leading to breakout and the end of cuts. Also the second machine jammed up two thirds of the way through a 600mm cut where I really had to force it through.

I took it to my local tool merchants that fix most brands. The technician in there (Issac Lords of High Wycombe) is a guy who never gives in. He ordered a new side bed which was also out of alignment so he redrilled and adapted the fixing holes so there is absolutely no error out of plane in both directions.

Then he tried to sort out the binding on the sliding bed. After a while he got fed up and took the whole thing apart and rebuilt it, taking 8 hours.

It was a good tool but now it is a dream machine. It glides rather than slides and cuts dead straight. The Dewalt blade is also very good on hard porcelain.

Very low water spray, easy to carry and transport by myself. Not much else to say really.

Very happy bunny and would highly recommend!!
sounds like rubbish to me if you have to have it re built and its new.
you've got it right now but shouldn't dewalt have got it right in the first place

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wet Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've just bought a montolit minipiuma and noticed the rail is quite stiff. Does...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB