Discuss day by day photos of bathroom refurb in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

johnryan

hello all, just thought some of you might be interested to see a day by day photo diary of a bathroom i'm doing over the weekend (hopefully finish on monday). i'm doing the ewpar with max at able skills at the moment, and as a way of him seeing some up to date jobs i've set up a free website that i can put photos and a few words on for him to look at. no tiles up yet as a lot of prep work was needed, but i'm putting pics up from yesterday morning when i first started. any comments and advice are welcome :thumbsup:
anyway, here's the link to the site
photo diary of bathroom in ashford started today 11 march 2001 - Home
there's going to be a lot of pictures up by monday, so i thought rather than fill the servers here up with them, i'd put them off site. doing a porcelaine floor next, so may do one for that too. cheers.

john

J

johnryan

Sorry if not clear I said tiling good and apreciate you going to the trouble of posting pics wishing you all the best in your next project:thumbsup:
i think i probably used the wrong title for this post, as it may give the impression i was doing everything myself, when all i'm doing is the tiling. it's a point about the earth though, and i think you may have mentioned it earlier in this thread too. not something i know anything about, but i will certainly ask the plumber about it tomorrow. is it dangerous or something? he's a good plumber so i'm surprised he'd have missed something if it's critical.

J

johnryan

If there is not a break such as plastic pipe between metal objects in room they need to be bonded with in room you can put earth clamp out of sight now but you need sparky to explain better than myself to meet part p and give certificate to customer which sparky will have to do
i'm calling the plumber tonight, as he's going in to fit the his last few bits in the morning, so i'll ask him about it then. i haven't seen any earth clamps in there, so he may need to get the electrician back to sort it out. thanks for the advice.

B

Barry bp

If the board has been upgraded to meet the 17th edition then no secondry earth bonding is requiered.
The gas and watermain should be bonded back to the board.
your electrician will Know all this
I have spoken to 2 of my sparkys they would still secondry bond in bathroom just because you dont have to does not mean it is the best way:smiley2:

I have spoken to 2 of my sparkys they would still secondry bond in bathroom just because you dont have to does not mean it is the best way:smiley2:

Ask them to explain the reasons for this please, I would be interested to know.

are they suplementry bonding, cross bonding and maintaining earth bond continuity past pex and pb pipework aswell ?

B

Barry bp

Ask them to explain the reasons for this please, I would be interested to know.

are they suplementry bonding, cross bonding and maintaining earth bond continuity past pex and pb pipework aswell ?

When my sparky comes to do work unless he can check ZE readings before we start amongst other things the safe and easy and quick way to carry out work is to use plastic pipe electrics is not straight forward any more we have wall switches in the bathroom as long as they are in correct zone many sparks just wont put a wall switch in bathroom you can technicaly have a socket as i am sure you are aware i was only pointing out the need to check earthing out you can now get dimmable led lights again better to control lights with dimmer switch in room part p can be inturpreted in lots of ways i use 2 diffrent sparks who are happy to push the boundres to get the best bathroom i cant answer all your tech questions but i am happy they push the boundries in a safe way wish i just stuck to tiling!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to day by day photos of bathroom refurb in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB