Discuss Day work meterage in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Stef if you had someone working with you on the big floor and they did 5m2 would you be happy ?
I wouldn't be happy Gary but I read the thread as "Is 5m2 ok"??
There's too many variables to consider in a thread with that title.
The walls I was going over today weren't very clever, I had to pack out quite a few areas that ultimately slows you down.
If I'm on a big flat floor with good tiles then I will hit 40m2 but if the floor is bad then you could be down to 10m2.

O

One Day

Tricky question! I've knocked out 40sqm of 60x60 rectified in a day on my own recently but on a good floor with RLS clips. Other times I've done a single sqm of Original Style in a day.
Doing a monster ensuite at the moment with a mix of 800x800 / 1200x250 / 3.2m x 1.6m - there will only be 2 No. 800x800 without any cuts, absolutely everything else will be cut / edged / drilled / mitred. So 5sqm a day in this room would be great!

A standard bathroom - reasonable walls and floor with approx 25sqm of 60x30 tiles I'd want that done in 3 days personally but I'd charge for more!

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
hemel hempstead
When you say on your own, I assume you actually mean on your own and not including a labourer? I'd say 40 sqr in a standard day (8 till 4 for me with about 40 mins break in total) bearing in mind picking and sorting tiles, mixing up, cleaning tools is probably impossible with a quality finish. as for 5sq a day, in a bathroom say with metal trims around a window etc yes but straight forward with reasonable walls you want to be double that really.

Reply to Day work meterage in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB