Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Daywork rate in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

Hi phil,
i tend to price for the job on domestics and then get it done as quickly as possible.
if its commercial work then its per meter,

i think £150 is a decent day rate, 6 days and thats £900 a week...its better to work consistanty for £150 a day than to be in and out of work hoping for £200...but that said, if you can get £200 a day then all power to you.

i also hate jeremy kyle so if i do have to go in low rather than sitting in the house then i its better than nothing and it keeps you sane ;0)

all the best phil, i'll be off again for a few weeks now working late and getting away with the kids in the hols so call me if you need a chat ;0)

ed

P

Pebbs

The dreaded day work rate debate, I don't like paying dayworks, as I see a reduction in output across the board, but sometimes it has to be done. Some of you have hit the nail on the head, you can easily price yourself out of the job, by quoting what you may have been quoting 4 years ago. What are you going to do...sit at home? fine if you can afford to sit indoors, or are you going to sit and stew about being knocked £30.00 a day? You have to be realistic about the climate at the moment, its bad out there, I am upfront at the start of every contract with the lads, if theres good margins in the job then the rates are adjusted, if there isent they are all told beforehand, that way they are given the opportunity to either do the contract or go down the road to the next stone company. What I cannot bear is moaning, you men do my head in sometimes, your worse than us women....moan moan moan. I snapped big time a few weeks ago, when it started raining and three of them said they couldn't work outside, but there were 25 bathrooms to finish of on the inside, which they could have jumped on. So then it kicked off, like I have asked them to commit murder! I came out of the meeting and low and behold the three muskateers are still standing outside the site on the eternal *** break. I had just been ripped apart for lagging behind on the programme, and it was a rag flag moment. Some peoples attitude stinks when it comes to day works....spin the days out, because your still getting paid, its a nightmare to keep checking where everyone is and what they are doing.

Things will get better, no one likes reduced day work rates, but you still have to put bread on the table at the end of the week.

Lynn

S

Spud

Phil please dont drop your rate put it in black and white as £25 per hr based on an 8hr day let the customer do the maths, if they say you are expensive explain that this is half of what a mechanic would charge to fix their car ,less than a hair dresser would charge to cut his wifes hair, and less than what an 21 year old personal trainer would charge them for an hours work out at the gym , you are worth the money dont compromise :thumbsup:

D

Dougs Third Go

The dreaded day work rate debate, I don't like paying dayworks, as I see a reduction in output across the board, but sometimes it has to be done. Some of you have hit the nail on the head, you can easily price yourself out of the job, by quoting what you may have been quoting 4 years ago. What are you going to do...sit at home? fine if you can afford to sit indoors, or are you going to sit and stew about being knocked £30.00 a day? You have to be realistic about the climate at the moment, its bad out there, I am upfront at the start of every contract with the lads, if theres good margins in the job then the rates are adjusted, if there isent they are all told beforehand, that way they are given the opportunity to either do the contract or go down the road to the next stone company. What I cannot bear is moaning, you men do my head in sometimes, your worse than us women....moan moan moan. I snapped big time a few weeks ago, when it started raining and three of them said they couldn't work outside, but there were 25 bathrooms to finish of on the inside, which they could have jumped on. So then it kicked off, like I have asked them to commit murder! I came out of the meeting and low and behold the three muskateers are still standing outside the site on the eternal *** break. I had just been ripped apart for lagging behind on the programme, and it was a rag flag moment. Some peoples attitude stinks when it comes to day works....spin the days out, because your still getting paid, its a nightmare to keep checking where everyone is and what they are doing.

Things will get better, no one likes reduced day work rates, but you still have to put bread on the table at the end of the week.

Lynn
well said Lynn, work is work, and work puts bread on the table, yep I take a *** break, but I don't take a lunch or brew break, I'd rather just knuckle down and get on with the job once I've been awarded it.

AliGage

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
How long ago was your previous work for them Phil? If they're coming back to you then that's one foot in the door already.
I'd maybe keep the same rate but offer them a 10% discount for repeat business. I'd show it as a loyalty discoubt as well. People like to feel special, and that way any referals from it you can add it back on and charge your usual dayrate. But you also have the option of applying "discount" on any referals if you feel it will secure work.

Reply to Daywork rate in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Am I charging correctly? so I’ve worked under my old man for about 6/7 years now on and off, in...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-rates-per-square-meter-per-day-how-much-do-tilers-cha...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Daywork rate
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond