Discuss Decoup mat in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Hi guys,

Starting a big job on Monday - approx 90m2 multi room, 60x60 and 30x60 porcs laid in a modular pattern.
Mixture of floor boards and cement screed (floor boards are solid) so going to be installing Dural mat throughout.

Apart from giving the substrate a damn good vacuuming do I need to prime concrete and/or floorboards?
Finding it hard to get a non-conflicting answer.
Am planning to use Weber SPF rapid to fit mats and tiles.
So do I need to take some PR360 with me?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Indeed :lol:

Not ideal but we have to work in the real world.
I would of course walk away if I thought this spec would fail but now you have me worried!!
Schluter and Dural both state that if the floor boards are in good order and screwed at correct centers with no vertical movement then their system is great for problem wooden substrates.
So have any of you guys found that this is actually not the case?

A

Aston

hi nick

If you have no choice or input on this job and the de-coupling manufactures back your fixing methods then i'd crack on but i'd personally do the following too..

1. make sure all those floor boards are screwed down securely.
2. Put an expansion joint where the screed meets the floor boards.
3. yes hoover all the areas and make sure they are dust free and sound
4. if in doubt prime, then you will have controlled the areas equally.
5. I'd have gone for Schluter Ditra purely for its performance and reliability over the years.

ed

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Im using tilemaster matting , its only 0.85mm thick , its a lot like breathable roofing felt .
It also states it can be used directly over floorboards [emoji15]
e39edf9ed7cafad87b04e6dbdf97771b.jpg

Reply to Decoup mat in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Hi got a job to start prepping next week 60x60 porcelain going on 18ml ply with electric...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
R
Hi all A customer has a 4m2 bathroom floor, which has floorboards down at the moment. They are...
Replies
Views
I
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
T
Hi, Just venturing over from the plumbing forums. I'm after some advice about Ditra mat, I went...
Replies
Views
Seeing some of the recent comments about laying UFH onto ply flooring & use of decoup mats I...
Replies
Views
trevortine
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB