Discuss Dewalt D24000 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Ok so I have sharpened the blade as suggested by Dave ,cut and measured numerous tiles and have got the saw to a place where its pretty much cutting on line....however tilt the saw to mitre and the cut runs off.

I have attached a pic of a mitre cut on a 200mm off cut of tile to show you what Iam trying to describe.

how did you do the straight cut? Wet saw or cutter. If its a tile cutter you won't make a nice mitre.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
I did a straight cut with the wet saw before the mitre. If I mitre through the middle of a tile it cuts straight but leaves a messy edge that would be noticeable.

So it only seems to be struggling when I mitre along the edge of a tile trying to leave that 1mm to ensure a clean leading edge.

its chipping a lot for a straight wet cut.

C

charlie1

I did a straight cut with the wet saw before the mitre. If I mitre through the middle of a tile it cuts straight but leaves a messy edge that would be noticeable.

So it only seems to be struggling when I mitre along the edge of a tile trying to leave that 1mm to ensure a clean leading edge.

yes but but you can then just remove the messy edge with a straight cut along the mitre about the width of the wheel. If your trying to remove the back edge along a straight cut then naturally the blade will want to kick away from the tile. Try progressive passes going deeper each time so their are not too much pressure on the blade.

yes but but you can then just remove the messy edge with a straight cut along the mitre about the width of the wheel. If your trying to remove the back edge along a straight cut then naturally the blade will want to kick away from the tile. Try progressive passes going deeper each time so their are not too much pressure on the blade.

I'll try that and get back to you. Cheers.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dewalt D24000 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

So, I bought my first home with my wife after saving for about 10 years and have been thrown...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
Anybody know where I can get a box trim 15mm wide in chrome or aluminum? Have scoured the...
Replies
Views
Kieks
K
Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
So I was recently asked to fit some 3m x 1.5m 6mm thin porcelain in a new tile showroom. Mapei &...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB