UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Diamond Training Centre - South UK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SP Tiling Plc

hi to all sp tiling plc here, based in burgess hill west sussex
just a quick thank you to kenny,vinnie,jason.
after being a mechanic for 15 years i was getting a bit bored with the motor trade and on top of that my marraige ended so life was looking very glum with not much prospect of it getting any better.
so i decided a possible career change was appropriate but what could i turn my hand to??
i did some re-search into all different trades as im pretty good with my hands and quite a quick learner. tiling came up trumps so ok now what??
well i jumped onto the internet actually looking for car insurance for my other half and what came up but a company called diamond! (didnt get her insurance in the end) so i emailed for an info pack,it arrived,i looked checked my finances and decided to go and check the center out. when i arrived i was greeted bt vinnie at first then introduced to kenny dobson. we had a chat and a walk around. a bit sceptical at first as i trained for 4 years to become a mechanic and the course i was looking at was 4 weeks, so i had a chat with some nice chaps who were busy tiling a full mocked up room complete with bath and box section. the chaps were happy and a few pratical jokes bieng played which made for a good relaxed atmosphere. so i left and decided to take the plunge. im not bad mouthing other centers but i did look at a few different ones like that offerd to train me in 5 days??????????? surely then @ 4 weeks was i being taken for a mug?? NOT AFTER SEEING THE DIAMOND TRAINING FACILITY!! so i paked my job in and off i went into what i thought was easy.
i couldnt belive what i had learned in the first day let alone the first week!!
i made some good friends and soon the banter was flying.
from not ever fitting a tile to tiling a complete full room was brilliant from straight set to diamond,brick bond to a masons mitre. from knowing how to set out a wall to setting out full rooms and floors all kinds of patterns its endless.
i left diamond with a great sense of knowlege and of course the hotline dedicated to tilers which has proved magical! well if i would recomend a course have a look at diamond training centre speak to them and if possible pop down they do a 1 day taster so you can get a good idea of tiling also just pop in for cofffee as i often do! well at last i finally have got around to this so thanks to diamond and its staff for everything cheers ken!:) :) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikedavey

Diamond Training - South UK

Just completed a 4 week tiling course at Diamond Training & i highly reccommend it to anyone who wants to learn all about tiling, adhesives, grouting & setting out rooms.
From the first day you learn how to set out around baths & tile in different patterns such as Straight set, Diamond set & Brick Bond. I really learnt some very important facts in setting out before you start tiling anything.

I was only going to do a 2 week course & go back & do the rest at a later date, but after the first 2 weeks i just had to carry on & do another 2 more weeks (I only wish i could of completed the final 5th & 6th week).

The training you get is also very one on one & the guys there are very helpful & know their stuff.

I had such a great time there & i really enjoyed my self.

If you're looking to learn this trade then Diamond is perfect for you.....

Thanks to Kenny & Vinnie......

Mike. :wink_smile:

S

sean384

Diamond Training

Completed the 6 week professional tiling course with the above mentioned center. I have just spent 17 yrs in the Army so not had any previous experience what so ever,I wasn't sure what to expect. But my mind was soon put to rest as soon as i saw the excellent facilities and Tuition that was available to the students.
My advice to anyone wishing to do such a course is to ensure they carry out the correct research and go with what you think is best as I did.
Finally i would like to thank Kenny, Vinney and Jason for all their hard work over the past 6 weeks. Keep it up!!!:thumbsup:

T

Tilestyle UK

Diamond Training Arundel Sussex

Diamond Training, they focus on tiling only, the majority of course work is practicle with a little academic tester thrown in. The tutor is first class and the enviorment is a spacious and friendly place to welcome in a new career. I am now in business for myself and I employ others, a complete career change has seen great benefits to my business in these first six months. I can`t praise the boys enough for the one to one and group teachings in my four week course. Highly recommended and good value for money.

My thanks to kenny and Vinnie and all the backroom staff, my tiling now comes recomm ended which is a credit to your teaching.

Unfortunately, my tea making still tastes of a highland cowpi**.

Wonder where they got the comparrison? :lol:

A

ASCASC

I put some comments on the site last year which I understand have gone astray therefore I would like to reiterate the comments I made regarding the course.

I attended a 4 week course at Diamond Training after a personal visit convinced me that the instruction would be practical and professional. As it turned out the course exceeded my expectations covering everything from the practical tiling aspects through business preparation and start up and on going assistance from Kenny and his crew whenever required. Having now been self employed for nearly a year and seen some of the tiling work out there, I now have no doubt that I made the right choice of training establishment. I can thoroughly recommend to anyone thinking of taking up tiling as a career then Diamond Training is well worth investing in.

I would like to say a personal thanks to Kenny for a job well done.

D

Deleted member 1779

I've spent some time at [Diamond Training] and from what I saw for myself everyone is getting great information and training.

I am NOT a tiler and I have NOT attended any training course. So am I qualified to even comment... Well

I've travelled the country and go to many tile training courses obviously to show the guys the 365 drills diamond drilling kit.

I have spent a number of hours at Diamond Training. From what I have seen and experienced at the center its all very relaxed and the training
is spot on.

This is a well set up centre on two floors in a wide open unit. The facilities are well thought out and its not cramped. And the coffee is free (well it was for me..)

Excellent training centre

Y

Yorkie

Ta very much Richard! Iknow you travel around quite a few centres and your comments are very much appreciated mate, we are always striving to be at the forefront be it facilities course content etc just like all you guys are wanting to be the best you can be so are we:thumbsup:

P.S The coffee and cake is always on tap, the only peeps I charge is my Tutors
Stops them drinking too much and getting all hyper lol

J

John Bowles

Diamond Training Centre

Hi, recently completed a 6 week training course @ Diamond Training, and would recommend this training centre to anybody wishing to learn all aspects of the trade. :thumbsup: The professional training you get is excellent, including alot of 1 on 1 coaching - ask as many questions as you like - I had a great time with my fellow trainees and again would like to thank the team... :grouphug: Kenny, Vinnie & Jason

A

alderslade

Diamond Training Professional Tiling CourseFeedback

Just completed four week course at Diamond training. I would just like to say that I found this very professional but still friendly and enjoyable. On leaving there I now feel confident to tackle any tiling job that comes my way, knowing they are only a phone call away if help advice is required. Many Thanks Kenny and the team. Nigel

J

jdltiling

Re: Was your course any good....

Hi There

Been reading the forum for ages and decided to try the Diamond Training Centre down near Ford West Sussex. Did the 2 week course and decided that 2 weeks was nowhere near enough time even though we learned bundles, so signed up for another 2 weeks straight away.

Very good course, as I say, learned bundles, obviously will be a bit different once Im out in the real world but the tutors, Kenny and Vinnie were very good and a great laugh, was a shame to finish it, small groups and lots of attention to detail. Not sure what the other training centres were like even though I looked at loads of them in the south, but would thoroughly recommend to anybody!!!!

All the best

James

J

Jameslloyd

Hi There. James Here from James Lloyd Tiling.

Some months ago i was a mechanic of 8 years, working for a big franchise earning them loads of money and gettin little in return! I decided i needed a change in career. One which lead to me working for myself, being my own boss, and making my own decisions!

I've always been a bit of a handyman around the house and had helped a mate tile his shower once upon a time so though i'd check out what it took to become a tiler. I wanted a career which i could get straight into without the years and years of training etc. I looked on the internet for tiling courses in my area (Shoreham in Sussex) and came along a few including Diamond Training! Their website was excellent and it wasn't long before i was set about becoming a tiler. I called them up, went a long for a chat, had a cuppa and talked to some of the current tilers in training at the time. They were loving the course and couldn't get over how much they were learning! That sold it for me! The centre was quality! I booked up the 6 week course, thinkin if i'm doin this for a professional career, i wanna know as much a possible!

The course was brilliant. Met some top blokes along the way, loads of banter etc and had a wicked time. I couldn't believe how much i learned in the first day, let alone the first fortnight!

I most importantly, came away with the confidence that i could tile anything from start to finish to a very high standard wether it be straight set, brick bond or diamond set, and get paid for it!!

Its also nice to know that the course doesnt technically finish after the 6 weeks, they're constantly saying if there's anything we're unsure of just call and ask or even pop in and they'll show you because they want us to succeed as much as we do!

So i've finished now, registered self employed, got tools, van, business cards etc and i'm all set to start earnin a crust again. Got a couple of quotes comin up this week too which is good (friends of family), so should be on my way nicely.

So I want to say thankyou to KENNY, VINNIE and JASON, cheers for all your hard work,
James:8:

P.S. Anyone not sure about changing career, just do it, because you dont know unless you try! Check out Diamond Training too, there were people there when i was there from as far as Scotland and even Ireland so its well worth doin the miles for the best tuition! I was just lucky that they were just around the corner for me!

Good luck everyone. Happy Tiling!

T

Tiler-Maldon

Re: Essex Tiling Training

I recently attended a 5 week intensive course at Essex Tiling Training and would recommend it to anyone from novice through to someone with moderate experience. A friendly, fun environment and home to the celebs (James Nesbitt recently took a short course to help with a role he was rehearsing for) but most of all Danny and his team listened to my needs and acted accordingly. The course that I took covered ceramic, natural stones, under floor heating and wet room tanking and was put across in an informative manor and hands on from day 1.
There are lots of courses out there but I can only speak of one & highly recommend Essex Tiling Training.

Martin :thumbsup:
Blackwater Tiling

I

idctiling

Thanks Diamond Training Centre !!!

This January I completed a 5 week course at Diamond Training in Sussex.......I can honestly say now after 2 months earning my living solely from tiling it has genuinely turned out to be the best thing I could have done.

I found Diamond whilst searching the internet looking for a suitable tiling course. I found about 4 & rang them all.......from the way Nicky & Kenny responded to all my initial questions I knew that was the place for me, even though it meant alot of travelling & staying away from home.

Kenny, Vinny, Jason & Nicky were so helpful from day one & put me totally at ease when I arrived nervous & a little worried about what to expect. The group of guys I got lumbered with with superb & we learnt so much together while also sharing loads of laughs. Everyone at the centre, from staff to new & old pupils were really friendly & extremely helpful, always willing to impart their knowledge on you at anytime quite literally dropping their tools to help you out at the drop of a hat !

The 5 weeks flew by & I found myself out in the big wide world of tiling. Diamond touched on many aspects of tiling & business......all of which I already used in some form or another.

Personally I found the course to be exactly all I wanted it to be & I can't recommend Diamond Training highly enough to anyone interested in learning to tile.
Thanks to all.............
PS ..... ( That's a tenner you know me Kenny :yes: !!! )

Ian
IDC Creative Tiling

H

hrgj3270

I have recently attended an 8 week Armed forces re settlement course at Essex tiling Training. The course covers everything from ceramics, Natural stones, mosaics, wet rooms under floor heating and also gives you on site experience. From day one the course has been hands on, tiling bays that are not built with perfect walls and floors unlike other training centres i visited before my course. Danny teaches you for the worst case scenario which is better because then you can deal with any problem that you encounter.

He also arranges talks from Granfix and tool providers that help you understand how products differ and whats right for the job. The atmosphere is second to none and the training that i have recieved is of a very high standard. The other thing i like about Essex tiling is that if you have trained there you can always go back and ask advice and attend lectures at no extra cost.

Danny will always point you in the right direction weather you are looking to open trade accounts or just need some advice for advertising and buisness start up. He also teaches you proper techniques and instills the attitude that if you cut corners its your reputation at risk.

i will definately recommend essex tiling to anyone who is looking to change career.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Patrick Hards

E

essexsi

Hi,

I attended a one week wall and floor tiling course at Essex Tile Training, mainly for a few DIY jobs for myself and family.I found the course very informative and it certainly opened my eyes to how hard a tilers work is !! I was not what you would call a natural, and if I did ever consider a career as a tiler then I would certainly need more training. I would have no hesitation in going back to Essex Tile Training for it. Danny runs a very professional center and is very approachable.

All in all a big thumbs up!:thumbsup:

Cheers Simon

G

gazmaax

Hi all, just like to say how much i enjoyed the 6 weeks at diamond, the training was pretty intense but really worth it. Even from day one you are shown how to set out and tile correctly around a bath(straight set, diamond set and brick bond)also how to eliminate those unsightly slithers and annoying cuts, you also get to tile a full size bathroom and kitchen. the trainers were always there when needed, either for help or to explain where you went wrong.
this course has given me the confidense to start a new career as a tiler, i just want to thank Kenny, Vinny and Jason for there top quality training and i strongly recommend Diamond Training to any one wishing to train for a new career.
:thumbsup: Gary
ghtiling services

J

JJWTiling

Hello to all. JJW Tiling here, based in Worthing, West Sussex.
I completed my 6 week course in late October 2007 and since then my business is growing and has solid foundations to become successful.
On my first day, i somehow got lost. I phoned the Centre, and they very kindly asked another tiler to pick me up. Before i had got there I allready knew that this course was going to be good.
On arrival you are made to feel very welcome, and a relaxed and friendly atmosphere made me feel comfortable.
The facilities are excellent, with individual bays for every student, as well as a separate teaching area.
Diamond is run by Course Leader Kenny, Tutor Vinnie and Carpenter Jason. Between the three they have vast experience and knowledge on all aspects of tiling. They are extremely encouraging and were always willing to point you in the right direction.
I thouroughly enjoyed my 6 weeks and would positively recommend it to anyone who has an itch to learn a new skill.
The centre are always at the end of the phone if you have any questions, the support is there for you once you complete the course.
I would just like to say a big Thank You to Vinnie, Jason and Course Leader Kenny. Without meetting you my life would be headed in a totally different direction, and i am extrremely happy to be called a Professional Tiler.
Keep up the good work.:hurray:

R

RAA55

Finished the 4 week course at Diamond 3 weeks ago and had a job lined up straight away. A mobile home with thin ply walls and rotten chipboard floor. As far as to say after my initial fears and doubts of my own ability after only 4 weeks training and the fact that there is nothing like being thrown in at the deep end. Everything turned out fine and the customer was over the moon. The same customer has now asked me to price for tiling the kitchen and hallway floors.

Presently juggling 2 jobs at once which is very tiring but unfortunately a necessity as ever increasing bills and mortgage to pay aswell as supporting other family needs. Hopefully in time will be able to give up one job and focus full time on the tiling.

Have found the guys at Diamond to be 100% spot on. Have already recommended this course to a colleague who is booked on the Oct/Nov course later this year. Cannot say enough good things about this training centre. Not only during the course but the continued support on completion is second to none.

Many thanks to Kenny, Vinnie, Jason & Nikki for opening a new door to my life and one which I feel can lead me to a better way of life for my family and I.

Wishing everyone who takes the plunge at Diamond all the very best and would like to reassure them that with Diamond the water really is nt that deep.

Ross Allen
Designer Tiling

T

TOM THE TILER

Diamond Training

To anyone who is looking for a tiling course stop here because this course has an excellent, professional hands on approach. Where you learn all aspects of tiling in a short space of time, at a reasonable price!

Once you have completed the diamond training course the help doesn't stop there, as they are more than happy to help and guide you through your first few jobs, but to be honest you shouldn't need any help, due to the thorough training you receive.

Its been almost a year now since i completed the Diamond training course, i feel confident and professional on every job i carry out, I rate this course 10/10 and i would most definitely recommend this course to anybody!

Thanks to everyone at Diamond training.

Love and kisses to Vinnie x :thumbsup:

S

sinclairsinc

To those of you out there, not sure if, or which centre to book up with.

I have just completed the six week Course offered by Diamond Training, My next Sentence must be one of huge thanks to the team at Diamond: Kenny, Vinnie, Jason (GT) and Nikki. Having completed 22 years as a robotic Serviceman it was a huge leap of faith to change the direction of my employment pathway. I was after a new challenge in life and in employment, I now feel 40 years young, rather than 40 years old.

Granted, a six week course will never make you a master tradesman, however I now feel comfortable with my new found skills to walk into a new life and employment with a positive smile on my face. The Credit for this must go to those mentioned above, nothing is to much trouble for them and their obvious depth knowledge is reassuring and greatly assisted my learing process.

I am comfortable to recommend Diamond Training for your Tiling Course, give them a call or better still just drop in and see for yourself.

Steve S
:hurray:

P

psychowitch

Hi,

I attended this course earlier in the year and it seemed really good at the time. Now that ive been working for a while I have to say that even though I did a five week course it really didnt do anything to prepare for the REAL world... actually sitting down and setting out is more complicated than was shown.

For instance walls were out of plumb etc but it didnt really show you how to actually straighten up (yea draw horizontal and vertical lines with spirit level) ..indeed they were so bad you wouldnt tile on the walls anyway and should have skimmed them! .. secondly when laying a floor it concentrated on small bays which is fine if you just want to find the centre of a small room with two reference points...but larger rooms or connecting rooms where the walls are out there was no provision to actually show what to do if measuring from point a...and point b..are actually two different widths what happens...everything was done by eye with very few reference lines (even on the diagonals) which is easy if your room is 1,5 metres wide but a different story when 5 metres wide...

The course did give me confidence to get started and tackle jobs and Ive been earning money because of it but spending the money I did and now knowing what is required to do it properly it was money that was not well spent.

Of course I couldnt expect to walk out of the course and find myself as skilled as many seasoned tilers, but I dont think on the 5 week course it did enough to justify it. You are thrown in with guys who are doing 1 and two week course and the only real difference is that you are given a bigger bay to tile! So its not exactly learning anymore just sticking more tiles up....

Reply to Diamond Training Centre - South UK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.