UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Diamond Training Centre - South UK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

psychowitch

Re: Essex Tiling Training

Dan,

Wanted to leave this feedback I gave to Essex Tiling Training when I left the course. They felt I was being unfair with my recent comment which personally I believe fair now that I have experience behind me and a better understanding of what is needed.

cheers

Psycho...

I recently attended Essex Tiling Training, did a 5 week course 2 walls/2 floors/1 week on different tile types. Have to say that I did enjoy the course, being new to the 'tools' environment, it was an extremely friendly atmosphere and I never felt out of my depth or out of place.
There is no real theory to be done just straight into a bay and start tiling within about the first hour of your first day! Thats the best way to do it. The bays are set out like small ensuites and you cant cheat by pulling out the toilets etc they are screwed down so you have to learn your cuts! the windows/sinks etc are all on the skew so its as difficult as it can be. Floors are laid in adhesive not dry but you do get to dry lay different patterns on the 5 week course.
Danny tends to leave you to get on with it and helps you understand what went wrong when there are mistakes. However I would suggest he will need more help to avoid the distractions of running the business vs the tuition side as Essex Tiling Training becomes more successful, and it should.
One negative on the course is the Business Setup, whilst I am lucky in my understanding of setting up business/tax/websites/marketing etc this part of the course is limited (yes its a tiling course not a business enterprise course after all but I would suggest needs to be more thoroughly planned to provide a better background on business setup for the novice).
The 5 week course was perfect for me as I wanted to setup my own business now done, and I had the confidence to take on my first 'real' tiling jobs almost from the day I stopped the course, and when I get stuck Danny is always available to take calls (but hopefully not interfere with the training!)...
Great course, well worth it for someone who wants to start up on their own.

P

psychowitch

Re: Essex Tiling Training

Not at all.... With the benefit of experience it is important to provide feedback on the application of the techniques provided by the course, the initial reference was just after I had left and obviously felt at the time the course covered what was needed. I dont believe many people are going to spend thousands of pounds attending each course, hence you pick the one you believe will provide the best value for money and training and cannot compare like with like. The only time you will know if that training is good enough is on the job.

Im going to attend a PTS course later this year so in my case I will be able to compare certain aspects of their training.

cheers

D

DeanKnight26

Diamond Training 10/10

After looking at a lot of tiling courses I decided to go to Diamond tiling as I found alot of good feedback relating to Diamond Training and I must say I was NOT disappointed,the teaching methods were by far the best I've had when it comes to learning,not only that the atmosphere was so friendly. The guy I had teaching me was called Sam who always took time in explaining stuff and showing me the prober way of doing things,he was more like a friend and was always a shout away if you got yourself in a tricky situation. I learnt so much from this course and wouldnt change anything. When entering the course I didnt know anything about tiling,but after 3 weeks of expert training Im now ready to start up on my own, I will be going back for a 4th week just to finish a few things that I want to improve on. I will be starting up in April and will keep everyone updated with how Im doing,but in the mean time I just want to say a big thank you to sam,danny and Jason you guys were wicked.

D

Danny@ Diamond

Re: Diamond Training 10/10

Hi Dean,

Thank you for the positive feedback on the course, I am glad you feel that it has been a benifit attending and we look forward to having you back for your final week.

Sam has probably got a big head now though mate, so i will have to put up with that all week ha ha.

Dont forget to come in and see us next week and we can get you signed up for your NVQ Level 2.

All the best

P

Prem Tiler

Re: Diamond training course feedback 2

Well I'm only two weeks in to the four week course it booked on but am so pleased with how its going!

I've to to start by saying how impressed i was with the center its self. It By far exceeded my expectations. the place is huge with numerous stations to tile. Every one on the course was allocated their own fully fitted bathroom to start of with and there were a few bathrooms to spare not to mention enough fitted kitchens for us all to have one of them too when the time comes. No sharing bays like I've heard other training establishments resorting to.

Already my knowledge of tiling has shot through the roof! Sam the Main tutor on the tiling course has a an amazing knack of making what could easily be a difficult task for a complete novice to do seem easy and be picked up very quickly. There is no rushing through subjects and every one on the course is learning at the same level, no one is lagging behind even though we all came on to it with very diffrent levels of exsperiance. We have covered so much already I'm amazed we have fitted it all in. I could fix tiles before i started the course an thought my self to quite good at it but now I realise I was only up to a DIY standard. Now I really do feel like a tiler and am very confident that I could walk in to someones house tomorrow and measure up, quote, mark out properly and tile for them with no problems at all.

A real added bonus is the amount of business start up and running information we are all receiving. Since day one the instructors are providing us with invaluable information regarding starting up on your own, working for your self and running your own professional business. Everything from advertising, marketing, accounts and company image and branding are being covered. I've worked for my self before but many of the other guys have been in full time employment since school so the business start up they have learnt could very well be the difference between becoming a successful tiler in there area with a long list of returning customers or being just another trades man in the ever growing dole cue!

The training center has a very good partnership with a local Bed and Breakfast. The place is very well run, clean very convenient for the training center as its almost on the door step. It has a Double beds with en-suit's, t.v's and DVD players in all the rooms and a microwave for guests to use in the smart lounge. There is a tesco's close by and the towns of Littlehampton, Bogner Regis and Arundel are all near by for entertainment if required.

Unfortunately I'm unable to do my four week course week after week and am having to do two weeks then take a break and continue the rest of the course at a later date. Diamond Training has no problems with this and have been very accommodating to my requirements. there for enabling me to get back to work for a while to keep on top of my current job.

I shall fill you in on how I get on with the rest of the course when the time comes but as for now I can assure you I'm one very happy customer.

L

lewissv

Very happy with course at Diamond

Ok, my last post was about being annoyed with Diamond, but I have now completed my tiling course so it's only fair that I report back on it.

I had to opt for the weekend course (2 weekends) due to work commitments but there is an awful lot packed into the course. Its not just the quantity though, it was a great course and Sam and Danny were superb. I have learnt plenty and it was good fun too.

I would recommend the course to anyone and it would be beneficial not only to someone starting off, but I also think there are things an experienced tiler would pick up from it too.
The setting there is very good. Excellent facilities for training and a great atmosphere.
:hurray:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Diamond Training Centre - South UK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.