Discuss Diebites in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

albyshellshear

Diebitis 6 years ago I had celulitus in my left leg while in hospital they confirmed me type 2 diebetic since then I had quite a few mild bouts mainly due to bad maintianance, not looking after my feet/legs a few weeks ago I was picking dry skin off what I called my good leg suddenly infection had took hold fast and my leg turned black and badly blistered, next stop A&E admitted to hospital it was so fast how it took hold it has scared me I thought I was loosing my leg NOT a nice thought at all I am now on the mend although my leg looks like something off allien now the blisters are filled with the green poison from my leg, thank god for modern day antibiotics you can bet your bottom dollar I will be maintaining my legs a lot better from now on, so in conclusion Diebitis we here about it daily but just how it afects us even I did not realise the serverity of the disease just thought cut down on sugar, how little we know and how much we think we know :thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

Alby

Im diabetic and its no joke, its very serious, when I was in hospital for tests on my heart I thought they would say it was smoking, it wasnt it was diabetes that caused my heart problems, smoking didnt help matters but the reason I had the heartattacks so young was the diabetes

so im going to tell you what your being told anyway but listen to the medics if not me

green veg and loads of it, ive got an allotment now

exercise , walk everyday , Im doing about 2 miles a day walking around the estates plus time digging on the lottie, walkings good as it gets the circulation working in your legs

no sugar, no smoking. I cant stress this enough as it narrows your arteries , especialy in your legs, no blood= no oxygen= dead tissue and gangerine, in your lungs as well as your extremities

ive had to accept im disabled by this and other health problems but Im too stubborn to let it stop me doing what I want in life

look after yourself mate and if you get poor circulation in your legs ( loss of feeling, hot legs , restless legs etc) get yourself into casualty

Mike

U

user123

Heyyy, Alby, my FB friend with the best music :) I didn't realise it was a s bad as that, must have been really really scary. Good on you for putting this warning up, most people think diabetes juht means funny diet marmelade and injecting yourself with one of those new fangled pens, so no big deal... so yes well done for saying how it is.

Mike's advice is spot on, and let's face it, it's sound advice for everybody. Get well soon, Alby, enjoy being home for Christmas - that's more important than any diet 'treats' which aren't any at all.

A

albyshellshear

leg2.jpg the dreaded leg 1.jpg look ater yourself or you too could look like this

P

peckers

Hi M8 Sorry to here of your bad news but glad you is on the mend! My mum had something similiar with her leg they called it pyoderma gangrenosum it wasnt linked to being diabetic but due to narrowing veins the blood flow couldnt get round as it should have done. the memories of the state of her leg is frightning as to what can happen as it was half eaten away and you could see right threw it where all the flesh and muscle had been eaten away!
so i wont be looking at your piccys!

Glad your on the mend and look after yourself cheers steve....
PS I hope you have a great xmas and rest!!

Reply to Diebites in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
F
Hi all I've got a dull finish on my black quartz tiles that I can't budge. I suspect it is...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
M
I am tiling a shower surround (walls) in my basement and have installed the cement board and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Diebites
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.