Discuss Different floor levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nzer

Hope someone can help.
I wish to tile a dining room which adjoins a kitchen. The floor is concrete though in the kitchen the previous owners have placed new tiles over the old tiles so the surface sits approx 15mm above the concrete surface. Ideally I would like to make the new tiles level with those in the kitchen but was wondering what the best method of raising the floor level would be? I am aware of levelling compound but have never used it and as the room is approx 4m x 4m I’d imagine it would be quite difficult to handle. Also reluctant to use it as I may want to rip the kitchen tiles up one day and re-tile... though not on the old tiles! Are there any other solutions that would work e.g. plywood?
Many thanks!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Different floor levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Different floor levels
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.