Tilemaster Ditra And Anhyfix

Discuss Ditra And Anhyfix in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi there, after some general advice here.

Just laid the the first time some ditra matting onto a anhydrite floor using TileMaster Anhyfix.

Did all the prep IE sand floor vacuum prime etc, all went well or so i think ??

So question how well should the Ditra stick to the Anhyfix ??

The reason why i ask is i have tried in a test area and to my surprise the Ditra comes up quite easy like it has not bonded at all to the adhesive.

The adhesive has stuck very well to the floor but not the Ditra mat?

I know it is an uncoupling membrane but surely it should stick to the adhesive ??

Getting a bit worried now, can anyone offer some advice ?

how loose did you mix it up and did you use a roller or block of wood to rub it in to the adhesive ?

I mixed it as per the instructions, was a good mix Ie not thick and not runny I used a grout float to push the mat into the adhesive, i pushed really hard and went over it 3 times in different directions and i ain't a light chap ! The floor is very flat and it all seemed to go on very well, I did pull a few parts up when laying to make sure i was getting full coverage.

My concern is over how long the supplier had the Anyfix for as the bags do look like they have been in the warehouse a while.

L

LM

I can't understand why Schlutter won't recommend an adhesive for sticking down Ditra to a dry screed like they do with af200 on ply. I've fitted thousands of metres of stuck down carpets direct to screeds and believe me when I tell you they stick like sh*t, you try pulling up a needle punch carpet that's been stuck down, you have to cut it into 4-6 inch strips, use a clamp and pull with all you've got to get it up, so I can't get why you can't stick Ditra to a screed with an acrylic adhesive :mad:

J

J Sid

wp_ss_20160528_0001.png
I can't understand why Schlutter won't recommend an adhesive for sticking down Ditra to a dry screed like they do with af200 on ply. I've fitted thousands of metres of stuck down carpets direct to screeds and believe me when I tell you they stick like sh*t, you try pulling up a needle punch carpet that's been stuck down, you have to cut it into 4-6 inch strips, use a clamp and pull with all you've got to get it up, so I can't get why you can't stick Ditra to a screed with an acrylic adhesive :mad:
you can use AF200 on screed to stick Ditra

Thanks for the replies.

I can confirm that the Anhyfix does stick like s**t to a blanket but not to the fleece on the back of the ditra!

I take it not many who have used it for Ditra have tired to see what it sticks like IE a peel test ??

I took a video this morning of a corner under where the log burring is going and i peels of like duct tape would do, you can see by the photo that the mat has left an imprint in the adhesive but it has not adhered very well to the fleece.

S

Stef

Thanks for the replies.

I can confirm that the Anhyfix does stick like s**t to a blanket but not to the fleece on the back of the ditra!

I take it not many who have used it for Ditra have tired to see what it sticks like IE a peel test ??

I took a video this morning of a corner under where the log burring is going and i peels of like duct tape would do, you can see by the photo that the mat has left an imprint in the adhesive but it has not adhered very well to the fleece.

I would be concerned about that tbh.

Reply to Ditra And Anhyfix in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Tile Adhesive Trending Topics

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB