Discuss do i need more experience in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Working for yourself is not just about the quality of your work although of course that is a big part. You also have to run a business and make a living to keep you and your family (assuming you have that level of responsibility). People say that you should hold off in the present climate but I believe that if you are a businessman with a skill for business you can make a living regardless of the econimic climate. Also I believe that if anyone can make a living in construction now then they will be fine when the ecconomy picks up again.

However running a business is hard hard graft and in the early years lots of sacrifices with long hours....the work does not stop when you leave site because you hove books to do, orders to place, paperwork to do, sales to make, quotes to prepare etc etc. You should not start a business without your eyes wide open. That said I would encourage anyone who is able to do so to work for themselves. Personally I am not cut out for running my own business...not focussed enough.....so I prefer the security of a regular salary.

Reply to do i need more experience in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Am I charging correctly? so I’ve worked under my old man for about 6/7 years now on and off, in...
Replies
Views
E
Hello all! I am new to this forum and thought I'd give some insight into who I am. I currently...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
ExplodingPudding
E
D
Hello everyone, I wondered if any London tilers are on a job at the moment or have work coming...
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
do i need more experience
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.