Discuss Looking To Start Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

ExplodingPudding

I don't really care for who's got the bigger balls here. If you tiled my bathroom in a day, I would inspect it inch by inch and ask you every question under the sun. If Dynamic Tiling is doing that on the regular with no complaints from customers then fair play to him! End of discussion?

Hi Exploding Pudd.

just out of interest do you work straight days, you say part time, is that on a weekend, if that's your only income I'd try a taster course, see if you like it then make your decisions from there, if you say have three days off in the week in-between you retail job, why not work for buttons with a good tiler as a few have said, I think how quickly you pick it up is depending how handy you are. While doing that you can buy the tools etc and if you keep on side with the shop your in then you may get to do their displays and get work off them from customers who buy there tiles.

Good Luck.

Part time but not set hours. So I could work M/Tue/Sat or Sun/Fri/Sat. Too much variance to enrol on a particular course. Going with a few local tilers might be the best bet but after a brief look at the policies, if I make a single penny from the company from a customer, I will lose my job in a heartbeat so too much risk. I would have to leave my current role permanently first.

Can we get back to the original post now please. This could have been a good thread advising people how they can get into this line of work.

Yes. Please! I ignored this thread for ages after seeing its direction!

Reply to Looking To Start Tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Looking for Mardin / Mardin Gold Tiles
Hi, we've recently had a wet room leak and have had to pull up some tiles. I'm looking for some...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Looking To Start Tiling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond