Discuss do tiles have a use by date? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I tiled a floor with tiles made of cheese today, the floor needs replacing every month as it starts to get very smelly. They are regular customers of mine and love having me in the house every month to replace their floor, sometimes it's Stilton, sometimes it's cathedral city. I find the best adhesive to use is dairylea and Philadelphia is perfect for grouting. The finished floor looks lovely and is very soft underfoot. Next month they have asked if I can fit UFH before tiling with babybel tiles, I've advised against it as I think the cheese may melt.

I

Ian

Give my supplier a call 0845 NOT REAL

yju7a2a7.jpg

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I tiled a floor with tiles made of cheese today, the floor needs replacing every month as it starts to get very smelly. They are regular customers of mine and love having me in the house every month to replace their floor, sometimes it's Stilton, sometimes it's cathedral city. I find the best adhesive to use is dairylea and Philadelphia is perfect for grouting. The finished floor looks lovely and is very soft underfoot. Next month they have asked if I can fit UFH before tiling with babybel tiles, I've advised against it as I think the cheese may melt.

oh come on Bri ... Seriously..... Philadelphia for grouting baby bell.... Call yourself a tiler!! Ha.... Everyone knows it should be laughing cow with baby bell... Philadelphia is suitable only for hard cheese floors such as Parmesan. And don't forget the uncoupling membrane from the bruschetta factory if you do go for UfH that way the floor will always feel toasty....

Reply to do tiles have a use by date? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB