Discuss do tiles have a use by date? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr T

2 months now - over 500 posts - how about asking Administration to change your handle to Mr Novice Tiler and perhaps in a couple of years upgrade to Mr Tiler.

well why don't you ask admin on my behalf to change my name to that... called myself mr tiler because I was joining a tillers forum.. not because of my experience... 2 months and 500 posts on tiling subjects... I am a good man and try to respect the people on here as much as possible and I have gained a lot of knowledge from this site alone but if you don't like my posts don't look. trying to give my kids what I never had and if I ask some stupid questions in the process I couldn't care less.. one thing I learnt in the last couple of months is not to worry about what anyone else thinks of me... il work for free and il clean out your van but in the end il get there and be successful... amd then I can pass my knowledge on to my lad.

T

Time's Ran Out

I suggested this to you 2 months ago and hoped that you would take my request in the helpful manner it was relayed - to avoid your inexperienced replies being misinterpreted by the original thread posters.
To not read any of your posts would mean avoiding all the threads available and as your personal situation is of no interest to me, you can post that in the General Chat forum.

T

Time's Ran Out

It is not this thread that causes me any concern , it is a personal opinion that you would get more feedback if you presented yourself as a novice first and grow into the role of Mr Tiler.
As for this thread - IMHO tiles have a shelf life but not in the way of a food item ! Fashion and trends dictate how long a style of tile will stay in vogue and for how long. Terracotta had a renaissance for about 12 years towards the end of the 80s and well into the 90s, until it became popular and people ruined it with poor fixing techniques. And I fixed a particularly hard floor tile in a Cafe only for it to last 20 years as the clientele were cyclists with steel toecaps!
So as they say - there may be no such thing as a stupid question , but perhaps you may need to explain your question at bit in the original post .
Good luck with your quest to become the best tiler around - you might make it - but it will be down to you!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to do tiles have a use by date? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB