UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Do you enjoy tiling.?, in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I still enjoy tiling, and still like a challenge. But I feel sad, angry, and insulted by the dilution of the skills involved in being a real tiler. Tiling is and always will be a trade. The master craftsmen I served my time with were very proud men, proud of their skills, many of them 2nd/3rd generation tilers.

I can't help wondering what these real craftsmen would make of the pretend tilers I stand with at trade counters day after day. I listen to the tosh they come out with and think yeah you can talk the talk, but you will never walk the walk.

These people would not last two minutes on a real tiling job, they have been told they are tilers by people who are not tilers. The 4 week courses are a sad reflection of the world we live in. But they will never replace a time served tiler.

I hope I don't offend anyone with my ranting, But I think I am a tiler, a real tiler it is all I have done from the age of 15.

So yes I still enjoy my job.:thumbsup:

S

suave

yeah i know, they dont want to pay for the paper to be stripped and its a job on finish so i dont have the time to strip it off, just typical glasgow council jobs, as i said i dont like it but it pays the bills

hey glasgow sounds as if it might a been you who tiled the flat iam in absolutley shockin job on top of paper,easy getting them off tho haha

Reply to Do you enjoy tiling.?, in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.