Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Does anyone have problems sleeping? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I cant believe Im asking this, some mornings Im up at 4am Ive been really putting some hours in for the last few months and Im totally wiped out by 3pm. The phone calls are crazy and Im still getting work related calls till 10pm some nights, until I get to the stage when I cant even think straight. Yet I cant sleep.....and even at the weekends theres a little alarm clock that goes off in my head and Im off and running again.

Its like I cant close the door on work, it keeps churning in my head, get this quote out...put an application in for this, check the production...revise the works program the list goes on and on. Do the rest of you go through this?

Pebbs

D

davy_G

You have that much going on it seems you find it hard to switch off and continue to think things over in bed.
You need decent sleep to square away everything in your head and rest up the limbs.
Do you ever do any exercise? Even if its only a 20 minute walk in the evening. I like to run, sounds daft but i do alot of thinking when i run and it blows away the cobwebs.

A break form work might do the trick, are you working 7 days a week? If so book a bit less work and get your weekends back and do something with your family or mates.:thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

Lynn

take care of yourself, I used to be the same, some nights it wasnt worth going to bed as by the time I had sorted everything I couldnt sleep anyway and like you I would have a 4am start to get into london by 6.30 am

first of all my first wife felt neglected and found someone else, not bothered about her but I missed my kids

then 6 heart attacks , I didnt know they were my heart and was chewing anti acid tablets as I thought it was heartburn

the 6th one nearly killed me and it ws only because I was working on a doctors house that I survived as he got the ambulance out

since then i have had a lot of time to reflect, ive had a heart op but the muscle is still damaged and I have an irregular heart beat, I also have an enlarged heart which doesnt help

I could have avoided all of this and still had asuccessfull business if I had taken care

limit your work time and switch off, get in the car switch your phones off and take a drive somewhere and just have a walk, maybe a soft drink in a country pub and just chill. let it all drift away from you. its still there when you return

have a bit of me time. its hard to start with but it gets easier

nowadays I dont give a monkeys, works is work and the rest is me time

better that than dead

mike

O

Olz

I used to have problems sleeping in the old house, but it was in a real bad area, and it really really grated on me that we couldnt afford to move and we were basically trapped their, it was the helpless feeling that did it and my mind wouldnt switch off, it would just race all night.

We managed to pull of a move against all the odds by pure luck of being in the right place at the right time, doing a domestic bathroom on a new build estate where we had tried to but the year before but couldnt. I mentioned it to the guy about how nice the estate was and I had tried to buy but couldnt get enough for the old house.

He mentioned that the last house available from the builder on the estate had fallen through and they were desperate to get it shifted and get the sales staff onto the next development being started.

I popped to see the sales woman and basically told her I had heard they were desperate to shift the last house and told her the situation with the house we were in and basically said that i didnt want to waste either of our times if there was no chance of them being able to do a deal, but to let me know if they might be able to.

They rang me a couple of weeks later, bought our house worth about 90k for 115k!!

Theirs had already been reduced from 215k to 175k and ontop of that they paid a 5% deposit for us too.

Been here a year now, so peacefull and stress free. No probs sleeping any more so im convinced its things niggling away at you that stop you sleeping.

I did have some sleeping trouble the other week because we moved the bed to decorate and when we put it back it was squeking like mad, but a hammer soon sorted that!!!!

I get up at 7am every morning though now, have done for a while, and take the dogs out, even on weekends.

I used to find that if a layed in, i wouldnt be tired on a night, so would stay up till 3 or 4 in the morning, then lay in again, wasting days on end.

P

paul flight

sounds like you need that holiday. london can be manic at the best of times. done 10 yeays all over the greater london area for fired earth . i was the same only sleeping for 5-6 hours was nackerd by 3.30pm. sounds like you need to spread the load as well . if you need some help with work let me know !! all the best to you try to have at lest 1 hr to your self and just chill out . :thumbsup:

Reply to Does anyone have problems sleeping? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Does anyone have problems sleeping?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.