Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Does anyone have problems sleeping? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bolter

Your brain needs to wind down in the evening with no stimulation. Like being on the internet is stimulation for example, so I suggest giving yourself a cut off time of say 8pm, where all you do from then on is watch a little TV or similar, and wind down.

I used to cook in restaurants, and being up early, and working till quite late, I would get home, and Im still buzzing from service even though its midnight, and I would have to just chill in front of the box for a bit before I could get some sleep. :thumbsup:

all the best

H

hillhead

I'v been under pressure working lately and noticed sleep pattern changing too,
too much work is not good but i have found that climbing on my mountain bike and going for a session through a local forest trail works a treat,my wife can drop off quickly and sleep for 8 hours every night no probs! i find even when i have a drink at night i can sleep better.
Eat well Lynn and try some exercise or a hobby to take your mind off work.

M

mikethetile

I'v been under pressure working lately and noticed sleep pattern changing too,
too much work is not good but i have found that climbing on my mountain bike and going for a session through a local forest trail works a treat,my wife can drop off quickly and sleep for 8 hours every night no probs! i find even when i have a drink at night i can sleep better.
Eat well Lynn and try some exercise or a hobby to take your mind off work.
wise advice Joe:thumbsup:

I found that with an hour or so out to chill I went back to things with a fresh mind and avoided a few mistakes, nothing serious and easily sorted but errors only add to the stress of the day

D

Deleted member 9966

Lynn, I have been where you are now. I suffered from insomnia during my teens and then it disappeared when I went to uni. A few years ago it came back caused by stress and strain of work, job changes, wedding, house move, redundancy and so on. And by the middle of last year although I was sticking to a routine and going to bed on time, I still wasn't sleeping. I'd also ballooned by 2 stone from not eating properly and not exercising at all.

I had to change something because my health was going downhill (I'm only 30 :yikes:) and the lack of sleep was making me a horrible person. So I've started exercising - walking the dog, cycling, walking at lunch times and tried to change my diet.

It's worked a treat. when I go to bed I'm out like a light and sleep straight through to 6.45am :thumbsup:

You just need to find something that's right for you.

U

user123

going for a session through a local forest trail works a treat,my wife can drop off quickly

Sorry Joe I had to re-read that a few times :lol::lol::lol: I had this vision of....No No lets not go there I'll get banned.

Pebbs

Me, too....
laughitup.gif

P

Pebbs

I believe women can be worse than men. I have this vision....its a building site full of women. We would all start at 9.30 have our breakfast and nail varnish break at 10.00. In the summer we would hang off the scaffold looking at all the men passing by and make lurid comments. There would be a diet coke machine which would need refilling everyday at 12.00 by some fit bit of work. And instead of builders bums we would have builders cleveage. The works would never get finished because we would change our minds every five minutes on how we would do something, and if any man shouted at us, we would burst into tears...On really hot days all works would stop and we would be found sunbathing on the roof....just like I found some of you MEN doing the other day :lol:

Pebbs

F

Fred

I cant believe Im asking this, some mornings Im up at 4am Ive been really putting some hours in for the last few months and Im totally wiped out by 3pm. The phone calls are crazy and Im still getting work related calls till 10pm some nights, until I get to the stage when I cant even think straight. Yet I cant sleep.....and even at the weekends theres a little alarm clock that goes off in my head and Im off and running again.

Its like I cant close the door on work, it keeps churning in my head, get this quote out...put an application in for this, check the production...revise the works program the list goes on and on. Do the rest of you go through this?

Pebbs

Take care of yourself. Working too hard, waking up early, not sleeping = Depression, I've been there, try to access all work, put it context and be happy..........:8:

S

Scott

BAD BBBAAAADDDD women, monstrous in fact... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe its those thoughts that are keeping you awake at night! :prrr:

I dont sleep well if im stressed, last night i was awake after dreaming my new roof was delivered with only 400mm head room! Stuff like that will keep me awake for hours.

3pm is the natural time for us to feel the need for a rest so dont feel bad about feeling tired then, its human nature. However you will probably feel more tired than most if your not catching enough z's.

Hope you get it sorted. Try the holiday! Maybe ill try one for you and let you know how it goes :thumbsup:

Reply to Does anyone have problems sleeping? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Does anyone have problems sleeping?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.