Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Does anyone have problems sleeping? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I believe women can be worse than men. I have this vision....its a building site full of women. We would all start at 9.30 have our breakfast and nail varnish break at 10.00. In the summer we would hang off the scaffold looking at all the men passing by and make lurid comments. There would be a diet coke machine which would need refilling everyday at 12.00 by some fit bit of work. And instead of builders bums we would have builders cleveage. The works would never get finished because we would change our minds every five minutes on how we would do something, and if any man shouted at us, we would burst into tears...On really hot days all works would stop and we would be found sunbathing on the roof....just like I found some of you MEN doing the other day :lol:

Pebbs

Oh, boy.... calm yourself, I am working out the right treatment for you right now!! I feel I should hurry!! :lol:

J

jay

r250230_1027512.jpg
might be time to upsize my stubbies :8:

S

SandyFloor

Once apon a time I was a project/contracts manager in the construction industry and had to quit thro stress and lack of sleep and since then I've had the chance to analyse the sleep problem. When I took to a more physical job the 20yrs of insomnia just ended and only occasionally come back.

The tell tale comment you made is the waking up early no matter how exhausted you are and I can assure you this is down to stress and worry. I'm guessing most of the worry is about you and everyone else getting things done. I'm afraid a holiday is only a short term remedy and lack of sleep makes you less efficient which leads to more stress then less sleep and so on. I didn't like going to sleep early as it made the morning come sooner and I dreaded mornings.

One thing that really worked for me was to keep a clipboard with lined paper and simply write notes before bed which helped me switch off. Basically a to-do list.

I don't know how fit you are but exercise, especially cardiovascular, works wonders. You'll sleep much more soundly.

I also learned relaxation techniques to do prior to getting to sleep which helps the waking up early problem....takes a while to get the hang of it but well worth it. It involves breathing and muscle tension....very effective.

Just a couple of tips I hope are useful. I only have to worry about running 3-4 employees now as opposed to 50 previously but things still get to me occasionally.

You sound like you may need to reassess your working practice to reduce the old stress. A bit of it is great but too much is a killer.....sometimes literally.

Take care,

T

Time's Ran Out

A good thread and a good reply from Sandy there.
Me I'am up early every day, especially to collect my pension on a Monday, but today it was an early start to take my daughter to the airport - she's off to Poland for a week on an exchange visit.
The other side of the sleeping bag could off course be that you enjoy your work so much it is just too good to stay away from. Many people can be considered workacholics when in fact they find more enjoyment spending time doing something they love rather than using up downtime hours watching tv ...etc.
I always find/found that there is never enough hours in a day when you are doing a job that is interesting.
There - that should send you all to sleep:lol:

Reply to Does anyone have problems sleeping? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Does anyone have problems sleeping?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks