Discuss Does it mean you are a bad tiler if you have slow patches? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Charlie .youll love this .i once saw a tiler turn up outside Paris ceramics in kings road in the latest Ferrari of the time probably,to pick up a sample.i was doing the showroom fit and was gob smacked.he was a brummie and I think it really was his car.crazy days !maybe deano can enlighten us who this tiler extraordinaire was.i personally think it could have been Ozzie who let his his car be used as a pick up truck.think this was about 1990.

C

charlie1

There is another success story I know from brum about a lad who worked for my friend before he went to Aussie and we met up.he made a fortune in ceramic tiling and then started opening up pound shops .i heard this story 25 years ago.anyone up that way know what came of him.could he be mr pound land himself

making a fortune from tiling!! I cannot personally see how this could happen but that's an encouraging story Johnny!

T

The D

incorrect! She said her mates x 'worked' in a tile shop. Also, how do you know the tiler was 'fitting her in'(implying a busy schedule) I believe her words where simply 'do it next week' also, I said I'd be concerned at hiring a tiler who was availible at a few days notice , not that he was neccisarily not good, I advised 'check him out' as I would any other tiler regardless of how busy they where!
post 223 big man correct!

J

jonnyc

peter.
i was invited to a do at ascot for the christmas races just gone for a developer i do a lot of work for. got talking to the boss of the plastering firm and he told me great stories of going out to east germany/ new west germany in the eighties.
he only went because he lost 40k at beggiining of first recession in our living times.
to pay his subbies back he went to east germany and single handedly paid the full amount back in three years!!
i do not disbelieve this.
but the stories he told of that time were as good as i have ever heard.
the real auf widersejhen pet stuff.
but the flip side as he tells me on the plastering front which i think should have transalated to tiling as well is that there were guys from up somewhere north of surrey that paid for houses outright in only a few years after thinking that they would lose everything.
we brits went there because were alowed to and i really get ****ed off when i hear our citizens bleating about foreign workers who are only here in this country because they are allowed to by law

T

The D

Thats very humble of you Deano, I knew I was right!
lol Only in your special little bubble big man

post 223

im not talking about the walls I didn't get done, im talking about the new stud wall that has been tiled and my new floor mainly , that I have already paid out for being ruined that's more of a concern

this guy will be a good tiler, cos my mates ex hub wouldn't recommend someone that's crap cos hes a manager in a big well known tile shop and he said that would give the shop a bad reputation, when I said I would only want someone that was experienced and decent, he might have had a cancellation ill find out more on sat there could be a genuine reason, but im really not worried cos hes fully aware of what ive been put through so far and I would rather have someone recommended than me trying to find someone

C

charlie1

lol Only in your special little bubble big man

post 223

im not talking about the walls I didn't get done, im talking about the new stud wall that has been tiled and my new floor mainly , that I have already paid out for being ruined that's more of a concern

this guy will be a good tiler, cos my mates ex hub wouldn't recommend someone that's crap cos hes a manager in a big well known tile shop and he said that would give the shop a bad reputation, when I said I would only want someone that was experienced and decent, he might have had a cancellation ill find out more on sat there could be a genuine reason, but im really not worried cos hes fully aware of what ive been put through so far and I would rather have someone recommended than me trying to find someone

Meanotile, how was I meant to know these developments in post 223 when I made my initial comment that caused all the stir in post 220?

Reply to Does it mean you are a bad tiler if you have slow patches? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi! Could I get some advice on my tiling? It's just been done last week by a tiler by trade but...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB