Discuss Done up like a kipper in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Saltire69

Doing a full refurb just now with a different squad of fitters as a favour(their tilers on holiday). Everything was going fine till this morning. Giving the bath a quick wipe and low and behold a big dink in it. Looks like damage from the edge of a tile. Well i know it wasn't me but do u think the culprit would own up, no chance. Finger squarely getting pointed at me. Told the boss of the job if it had been me i would've owned up to and tiled the bathroom for free as compo for him. I know he doesn't believe me and thats the bit that ticks me off, plus the fact that the culprit is letting him blame me. Last job for him me thinks, can't work with guys like that and if he can't take my word for it not being me. And i know always check before u start. Was just one off those days though.
:mad2:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Doing a full refurb just now with a different squad of fitters as a favour(their tilers on holiday). Everything was going fine till this morning. Giving the bath a quick wipe and low and behold a big dink in it. Looks like damage from the edge of a tile. Well i know it wasn't me but do u think the culprit would own up, no chance. Finger squarely getting pointed at me. Told the boss of the job if it had been me i would've owned up to and tiled the bathroom for free as compo for him. I know he doesn't believe me and thats the bit that ticks me off, plus the fact that the culprit is letting him blame me. Last job for him me thinks, can't work with guys like that and if he can't take my word for it not being me. And i know always check before u start. Was just one off those days though.
:mad2:

We've had that once before a few years ago, no mark on the plastic wrap when checked, bath was fitted, tiles were then fixed, wrap removed and there it was, marked on side of bath about 1 cm round. There was no way that mark could have got there without breaking the wrap because of the depth.

Plumber got in touch with a company he knows and it was repaired for about £90. I didn't see him do it but it was same process as a car dint, filler, sand, spray, sand, polish.

Couldn't tell where it had been done, certainly cheaper than giving your wages up.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

yea i got it after typing...you tilers are fortunate..us multi-trades have to take toilets out and what we find in the pipe aint pleasant !

I know what you mean Ian, years ago before site portaloos we had to work over toilets that had been used by every trade on the site, before they were plumbed in, not nice. Back to the thread, I have been lucky over the years and not had many damaged baths/basins etc.

That could be the kiss of death, I will probably drop my lump hammer through the fancy whirlpool bath tomorrow.:yikes:

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Just to add - Once the bath has been fitted there was no comeback with supplier, but who takes the wrap off before tiling?

Me. Every time, without fail... The amount of times i've taken the wrap off to find a scratch underneath. Once you've fitted the legs, it's down to you. I for one, don't want to pay for a replacement bath! And lets be honest, that film offers zero protection.

A

AMtek

I always unwrap them and give them a once over before I put the waste and taps on then bath fitted, dpm laid over the edges right to the wall and over the overhang outside the bath, bathboard on top then pull the bathboard away enough to get the cuts to the bath in and wedged up 3mm from the bath, after all laid and grouted bath board off, pull the dpm out and silicone

That's how I do it now..................after dropping a tile in a bath :oops:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Done up like a kipper in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Trying to Get bathroom re tiled, had conflicting advice from a few tilers, I’m a total novice...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB