UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss dont know how to put up aqua board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi all,

Felt quite gutted today,had given a quote the other day tiling a 23m2 bathroom and a six m2 floor,he asked me about the shower area ,saying he had been told to use Aquaboard,I have heard of it,but thats about it,but I explained that I would normally tank it.He said ''oh right,ill let you know.I thought I had the job, and was gonna start Monday,but he rang today today to say he had found someone else to put it up and tile..Fair enough I thought,but not knowing how to put up that board pretty much cost us this job,and it was well paid. Nevermind will have to learn how to plaster and skim AND put up Aquaboard.
:furious3:
can anyone give me any advice on how to do this.
cheers
vinnie

W

White Room

Would have used bal wp1 on plasterboard have done many a time had no problem's. For aquaboard fix as you would plasterboard with 3mm gap between joint's, scribe with sharp knife and snap, when fixing, drill holes and counter sunk before screwing to stud work so you don't have screw head's protuding on the surface, scrim joint's and wipe addy over scrim, I always use powder adhesive on board. That's it really.

G

GazTech

Would have used bal wp1 on plasterboard have done many a time had no problem's. For aquaboard fix as you would plasterboard with 3mm gap between joint's, scribe with sharp knife and snap, when fixing, drill holes and counter sunk before screwing to stud work so you don't have screw head's protuding on the surface, scrim joint's and wipe addy over scrim, I always use powder adhesive on board. That's it really.
Or dot and dab it ( dry lining ) if onto blockwork or brick.....Gaz

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to dont know how to put up aqua board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Trying to Get bathroom re tiled, had conflicting advice from a few tilers, I’m a total novice...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.