Discuss Door Trimming in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Always done threshold strips, haven't learnt how to hang a door yet, that's next on my syllabus :)

Easy on a square, plumb casing but after that it's all downhill Bri, just done one today where I've had to trim 3.5" and 2.5" top and bottom because its a slightly shorter casing and then retrim the top and bottom for stability as its a hollow door.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
So plinths
Q1, do you charge or this?
Q2, fine circular saw? Jigsaw? Blade type advise.
Cheers

I've fitted a few kitchens of my own but plinths, not had much success with.

Personally I prefer a hand saw.
Masking tape along the top edge. Measure everywhere carcus to floor where two cabinets meet. Because of how the majority of kitchen cabinets are made these tend to be the lowest part if the unit.
Take off 2-3mm and mark on the taped edge of the plinth, draw a line with a straight edge and cut with the hand saw.

Tidy up the cut edge with a bit of sandpaper and fit.

T

tubs

70a99e2176ec760313815270d645b790_zpsf5bf3b30.jpg

The tool that works for me !

S

StevieBoy

So plinths
Q1, do you charge or this?
Q2, fine circular saw? Jigsaw? Blade type advise.
Cheers

I've fitted a few kitchens of my own but plinths, not had much success with.

Q1: Yes I do - definitely.

Q2 I use a jigsaw with a fine blade meant for cutting metal, bit like a hacksaw blade and that works very well indeed - no chipping etc.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Haha this job was for the mother in law so no charge , others get charged ! Yeah its the ts55 plunge saw on the track !

I've borrowed my mates Makita plunge saw and track, great bits of kit, fantastic for cutting hob and sink cutouts, might treat myself at some point.

S

StevieBoy

Note on the door to floor clearance. there are occasions where this is governed by building regs. to give the required ventilation. eg new wet room to existing building I think is 10mm gap required under a 760 wide door but i'm no expert on this so you need to check!

I've never heard that one before.

If we're talking building regs, surely that would be determined by having an appropriate extracter fan, not a measured gap at the bottom of the door??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Door Trimming in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st time tiling, decided our ensuite would benefit from being a wetroom. Quick question, any...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking at wet saws and only a DIY here but got a few odd shapes to cut. What would...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB