UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss drying time for silicon? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i finished siliconing a wetroom mid afternoon today then went back at 6 p.m. to get paid (owner was at work when i finished) i told him the shower will be fine to use tomorrow evening (24 hrs curing time) when he looked at his son(with wet hair) and said he'd already had one ?:yikes: 3 hrs max. its bal microban . i'll have a look tomorrow to see how it's looking and weather it needs redoing. any suggestions on this, will the silicon be ruined?

D

Daz

Errr more like how long since you grouted..?..

Some grouts are 2 weeks for showers..( higher pressure ones)

I agree Dave, but how many domestic customers will actually leave a shower area that long? I generally use Ardex FS grout for wet areas and from memory, it states 5 hours for curing, however, I know customers are in the showers 24 hours later.
What can you do???

Daz

Q

Qwerty

Ive had people shower just a few minutes after I have left the house after silicone being applied!!!

As for grout drying times......again, I have yet to meet a customer who hasnt used a shower within a few days of finishing regardless of the manufacturer.

Its a bit like when you lay floor tiles.....they always walk on them before you return despite your hardest efforts to prevent it.

UFH too........ they just have to crank it up full whack when you leave. :mad2:

I have yet to be called back to any grout, silicone, floor tile or UFH installation where it has failed through impatience. :thumbsup:

I expect car mechanics feel the same when they see customers drive flat out up the road and brake hard at the first junction on brand spanking new tyres:driving:,
and how dentists tell you not to eat anything for 8 hours after a filling! :tooth:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to drying time for silicon? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Help! I have Victorian quarry tiles laid on dirt. I’ve just spent days cleaning them first with...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
So... have a problem maybe some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help with. Laid a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
drying time for silicon?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.