UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Durabase CI or WP in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SirLurch

after reading many Q & A's i havnt been able to find this - apologize if i missed it.

My wetroom floor has new 18mm birch ply floor which is very solid and 10mm Marmox tile backers and planning tiling over with 500x350 ceramic
Q1 should i need durabase CI or can i just use durabase WP for the floor?
Q2 should i tank before or after UFEH ?
Q3 is the durabase tape just the same as the WP material for all joins and edges etc? obviously pre-formed for the corners is recomended.

Thanks

W

wetdec

after reading many Q & A's i havnt been able to find this - apologize if i missed it.

My wetroom floor has new 18mm birch ply floor which is very solid and 10mm Marmox tile backers and planning tiling over with 500x350 ceramic
Q1 should i need durabase CI or can i just use durabase WP for the floor?
Q2 should i tank before or after UFEH ?
Q3 is the durabase tape just the same as the WP material for all joins and edges etc? obviously pre-formed for the corners is recomended.

Thanks

Hi

Bit of a waste the Marmox really as heat loss is minimal on ply I believe its 1% more than marmox.

Depending on the room size and flooring materials. With a floor 6-8m which is properly plyed and screwed at 300 cenres then Dura-WP will provide tanking and uncopling properties.

If the floor is to be bigger or with a suspect surface then Dura-CI should be used for tanking and uncoupling.

The primary difference of course is the height increase with Dura-WP is minimal.

You would tank before fixing UFH

The floor tanking kit for CI uses the same flexible core tape as is used in wall corners and material transitions in the wall tanking kit

:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Durabase CI or WP in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm about to start my first tiling job (at home) and after thinking about steps have a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi again Last week several of you helped me out with advice for a wetroom floor. There were a...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
S
Hi I am after some advice on the following, I have been to look at a job which had problems in...
Replies
Views
shick
S
B
Hi, New to the site, but been lurking for a while and I'm after a bit of advice about timber...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.