Discuss dust on concrete ( quick answer needed please ) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davebates

hi guys so im doing a concrete conservatory floor, i primed with acrylic primer before layer half the room with slc (mapei) because it ran down quite bad i did that yesterday come to the job today ready to tile then kicked over a bucket of dust and bits of general rubbish its mainly brick and concrete dudt ive cleaned up but everything has a coating of dust on from the sweeping ive have hoovered it question is would you prime again ???? because of the dust

many many many thanks !!!!!!

dave

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Get rid of the dust before you do anything. You cannot prime dust unless that dust is firmly fixed to the substrate which it wont be because it lies on top of the existing primer. If you do it will simply peel off of the floor and cause a failure.

The damp sponge idea works for me. Sponge up what you can and then leave to dry. Then vacuum up anything loose and then reprime........hope this helps

Reply to dust on concrete ( quick answer needed please ) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I would just like to start off by saying that I've been in the construction industry...
Replies
Views
Hi We've knocked through our kitchen and dining room and taken up old stone/porcelain tiles in...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
dust on concrete ( quick answer needed please )
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.