UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss edge of floor belt and braces treatment in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mellie_man

Hi

I have slowly been completing my wetroom refurb. and just about finished. Floor laid (but not grouted) and all but bottom row of walls. Before finishing I want a full belt and braces to prevent leaks. Shower marmoxed and joints tanked with Mira products. Was also going to silicon the gap between floor tiles and wall before tiling bottom row of walls and siliconing again. If this a good idea or a waste of time.

Thanks for all your help so far. Just very cautious with all the horror stories on here about tanking/tile/grout failure.:yikes:

R

Richard Edwards

I always apply an internal silicone joint if I can, then after tiling and grouting, apply a thin bead around all the wall to floor joints.

Tip -- when applying these joints, especially the outer / external one, check the seal quality by looking at the joint from the floor level - ie when lying on the floor with your head on the floor. Reason, if you have any small pin holes or gaps in the silicone, you will not be able to see them when standing up or even kneeling down next to the wall.

Belt and Braces - its what we do all the time

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to edge of floor belt and braces treatment in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
edge of floor belt and braces treatment
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.